- Denver, CO
HomeAdvisor is seeking an experienced, results-driven SEO Strategist who will be responsible for overseeing and developing projects that increase the organic visibilit y of our website . HomeAdvisor is expanding our SEO investment and this role will have a high degree of autonomy and ownership to help shape SEO strategy and projects. This person will be responsible for translating search strategies a nd techniques, competitive/market data and business trends into actionable roadmaps . Th e SEO Strategist will ideate and execute local, mobile, technical and general SEO campaigns across the full HomeAdvisor website. Th is role will also work cross-functionally with key stakeholders in product, engineering and content to ensure SEO best-practices are applie d across the business.
HomeAdvisor is a dual-sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions that will reshape the home services marketplace.
What You'll Do:
- Translate emerging local, mobile and technical SEO strategies into actionable roadmaps
- Analyze keyword, traffic, user and business trends to gain insight and take action
- Help design SEO experiments and test new strategies and opportunities for growth
- Help scope out , set requirements and provide QA for SEO-driven initiatives
- Lead, manage, and execute SEO projects that involve cross-functional stakeholders
- Grow the business through technical SEO, data analysis, and various optimizations
- Understand each department's SEO needs and evangelize SEO internally
Qualities we're searching for:
- Passionate & curious problem solver: someone who is genuinely curious about how and why people search, extremely knowledgeable about SEO best practices and trends, and relishes in the analytical and technical depths of the industry.
- Extremely detail-oriented: but can also see the forest from the trees, balancing the intricacies of SEO with the larger company objectives.
- Quantitative and pragmatic: you have a data-driven approach to making decisions.
- Analytical, tactical & strategic: experience building a strategic and tactical plan based on analyzing lots of data.
- High ownership: autonomous and takes pride in your work, has a sense of urgency, and perseveres through difficulty to deliver high-quality results.
- High initiative: An ambitious go-getter who takes initiative without being asked and over-delivers on your promises.
- Excellent communicator: ability to clearly communicate and evangelize SEO across all levels, particularly through data.
- Results-driven: Focused on achieving results, setting ambitious goals, and able to prioritize appropriately by understanding the balance of value.
- Innovative: constantly focused on improving, growing, and coming up with new ways to grow and propel the business.
- Teamwork & positive attitude : works collaboratively with a positive and can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience (preferred in quantitative field such as economics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science/engineering)
- Demonstrable track record of success at driving significant results & business growth.
- 5 + years of in-house SEO experience with an enterprise-level site (i.e. hundreds of thousands or millions of pages)
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Experience with Omniture/Adobe SiteCatalyst strongly desired
- Statistical background a plus
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous "take what you need" vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product. This SEO Strategist will work in our brand-new Headquarters in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, CO.
If you're excited about joining a collaborative, impactful team, send us your resume to start the conversation.
Back to top