SEO Content Strategist
HomeAdvisor is looking for a truly digital content strategist. We need someone who thinks like a marketer and plans like a publisher. You’ll be responsible for all of the SEO-related content produced, which means you’ll be writing, editing and creating a content roadmap aligned with company and team objectives. You’ll be responsible for producing content that is engaging, generates revenue, and satisfies user intent across multiple access points. You will also be managing all stages of the content cycle – strategizing, creating, delivering and governing – in addition to balancing freelancers, agencies and internal expectations.
Wait, what is HomeAdvisor, anyway?
A Top Workplace in Denver for the past 4 years, HomeAdvisor is an online marketplace connecting homeowners to pre-screened and rated home improvement specialists. By creating innovative technology, providing a highly collaborative environment, and encouraging our employees to play a game of ping pong or foosball between meetings, we have achieved accelerated growth year after year. A part of IAC, we join Match.com, Vimeo, and others in a wide portfolio of highly successful internet brands.
Responsibilities & Functions:
- Work cross functionally developing & executing strategies that support team and company goals, keeping everyone on schedule.
- Manage content development from creation to completion to promotion.
- Help create, implement and manage large digital assets.
- Help define and write product requirements when necessary.
- Manage existing partnerships and distribution channels internally and externally.
- Develop new partnerships, distribution options, and outreach initiatives.
Goal Setting, Reporting & Analysis
- Monitor and evaluate efforts, measuring and comparing results vs goals.
- Analyze and determine tactical and strategic recommendations based on data.
- Leverage keyword research as well as competitive & social insights to help inform new content creation and enhancements to existing content.
- Design and execute tests, collect and analyze data, report results and recommendations.
- Develop recommendations & processes for improving HomeAdvisor’s content expertise, authority, and trust.
- Create and maintain content standards, guidelines, and procedures – including functional editorial calendars as needed.
- Develop, implement and manage a scalable, multi-dimensional content plan that is also on-brand.
- Ensure content satisfies user intent by being insightful, useful, relevant, engaging, and ultimately helpful.
- Maintain & enhance our CMS as needed, keeping things running smoothly and efficiently.
- Keep content debt and entropy to a minimum, auditing as needed.
- Stay current on industry issues, developments, trends, insights and strategies.
- Execute and manage relevant SEO workflows & deliverables as it relates to content:
- Keyword Research
- On-Page Optimization (titles, H1s, URLs, etc)
- Link Acquisition
- User Engagement & Experience
- Technical & Structural Analysis
- Competitive Analysis
- Content Audits
- Leverage appropriate SEO tools and internal data sets for monitoring, insights and recommendations.
- Maintain clean HTML markup.
- Ensure content is optimized for all relevant devices.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Deep understanding of best practices for quality content and SEO.
- Organized and very detail oriented.
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills.
- Creative and resourceful problem solver who’s willing to take risks.
- Experience writing content for homeowners; exceptional ability to infuse brand voice and tone.
- Experience with SEO, particularly at an enterprise level.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience with HTML+CSS; must be able to use code editor and not rely on WYSIWYG.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and lead generation strategies.
- Curiosity as it relates to mastering your craft.
- Develop actionable insights from in-depth data analysis.
- Proven track record of ownership, initiative, delivering results.
- HTML skills required
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with industry tools (e.g, Site Catalyst/Omniture, Google Analytics, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Majestic, Moz, etc.)
- Exposure to project management tools like Trello, JIRA, etc. a plus
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress) and ability to maintain them
- Experience with Google Search Console a plus
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. Hitting a roadblock or need a break? Go shoot hoops on our basketball court, or grab a teammate and play a game of pool. Need some fresh air? Use our bike share program and explore one of the many trails near our office along the Front Range. With a generous “take what you need” vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product. Join the team and you’ll see why!
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
Chief of Staff
Kelsey is in charge of keeping HomeAdvisor’s Denver office running like a well-oiled machine—overseeing daily operations, visitors, deliveries, budgets, and supplies—always working to support management and the sales representatives.
Back to top