Senior SEO Strategist
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie's List, have combined to create the largest Homeservices marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. By creating innovative technology and providing a highly collaborative environment, we have achieved accelerated growth year after year, and have been recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for each of the past 6 years.
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous "take what you need" vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product. This role will work in our brand-new Headquarters in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, CO.
For most businesses, a website is more than just a communication tool, it is a key piece of marketing. For us, HomeAdvisor.com is not only part of our brand, it IS our business. HomeAdvisor is growing its Search Experience Optimization team and is looking for a technically strong Senior SEO Strategist to contribute on strategy, execution, and analysis. If increasing the ranking of thousands of keywords is exciting, and being at a company that truly gets SEO, this role might be for you!
What You'll Do:
- Monitor and report on KPIs, share with the SEO team and Senior Management, and quickly respond to divergences.
- Analyze traffic and conversion trends to gain insight and take action.
- Lead, manage & prioritize SEO tests & projects.
- Preserve, enhance & grow the core business through technical SEO, data analysis, and various optimizations.
- Help write requirements and design experiments to test new strategies and opportunities for growth.
- Analyze test results and execute next steps at a fast pace.
- Understand each department's SEO needs and evangelize SEO internally.
- Own the SEO strategy and cross-functional initiatives between SEO and other departments.
Qualities we're searching for:
- Passionate & curious problem solver: someone who is genuinely curious about how and why people search, extremely knowledgeable about SEO best practices and trends, and relishes in the analytical and technical depths of the industry.
- Extremely detail-oriented: but can also see the forest from the trees, balancing the intricacies of SEO with the larger company objectives.
- Quantitative and pragmatic: you have a data-driven approach to making decisions.
- Analytical, tactical & strategic: experience building a strategic and tactical plan based on analyzing lots of data.
- High ownership: autonomous and takes pride in your work, has a sense of urgency, and perseveres through difficulty to deliver high-quality results.
- High initiative: An ambitious go-getter who takes initiative without being asked and over-delivers on your promises.
- Excellent communicator: ability to clearly communicate and evangelize SEO across all levels, particularly through data.
- Results-driven: Focused on achieving results, setting ambitious goals, and able to prioritize appropriately by understanding the balance of value.
- Innovative: constantly focused on improving, growing, and coming up with new ways to grow and propel the business.
- Teamwork & positive attitude: works collaboratively with a positive and can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience (preferred in quantitative field such as economics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science/engineering).
- Demonstrable track record of success at driving significant results & business growth.
- 7+ years of in-house SEO experience with an enterprise-level site (i.e. hundreds of thousands or millions of pages).
- Advanced Excel skills strongly desired.
- Experience with Omniture/Adobe SiteCatalyst strongly desired.
- Statistical background a plus.
- Team leadership/management experience a plus.
- Advanced Excel Skills
- 5-8 years: Search Engine Marketing (in-house)
If you're excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team - this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.
Back to top