At HomeAdvisor, we work every day to create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners to nurture growth of the independent small business and deliver a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to inventions that will continue to reshape the home services marketplace. Product is the heart of our business.
Are you passionate about user acquisition, channel optimization, and driving business growth? HomeAdvisor is seeking a Senior Product Manager to lead our SEO agile product team. In this role, you will be leading SEO product strategy in order to drive traffic to our site. You will be responsible for prioritizing, planning, and implementing the SEO roadmap into our products, and working closely with the other members of the SEO and Engineering teams to ensure long term success.
- Deeply curious: you operate with a sense of urgency and always look for new ways to understand our customers and create value on their behalf
- Data-fluent: you use data to solve problems, identify opportunities, and are capable of inventing and using new metrics in order to learn and make decisions
- Biased for action: you make good decisions with incomplete data and are constantly optimizing for learning
- A bar raiser: you inspire others to bring their ‘A' game and are constantly looking for opportunities for improvement. You don't accept "because that is the way we've always done it."
- An owner: you can seamlessly straddle thinking about both the product and the business. You never say "that is not my job."
What you'll do:
- Act quickly on trends and opportunities by staying up-to-date on the latest SEO best practices, strategies, technologies, and industry changes in an extremely dynamic and competitive industry
- Drive constant flow of A/B tests to incrementally improve SEO conversion
- Dig into the data until the facts are clear. Report your findings and turn them into actionable items for the business.
- Partner with SEO Strategy team to ensure effective prioritization.
- Build internal SEO tools that help us scale our product and site.
- Author product specifications for proposed features and functionality, as well as detailed product requirements/user stories.
- Exhibit good judgment in balancing considerations for size of opportunity, scope of development and support costs, risks, and end-user experience.
Skills And Experience Needed For Success:
- Deep experience in SEO technology and/or campaigns, especially focused on Google
- At least 5 years of relevant product development experience: consumer or B2B web product development, business analysis, and requirement writing
- A sharp analytical mind: All your decisions are data-driven and supported by the data and research you've collected. You're comfortable with quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting on results.
- Understanding and experience in user acquisition fundamentals, including SEO drivers
- Experience with testing and iterating on a product roadmap
- A bias toward action: preferring to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- A track record of taking ownership over projects and helping them succeed: you make solid judgments, have strong leadership qualities, have good intuition, and reach decisions quickly
- A savvy balance of Independence and collaboration: You don't need to wait to ask for direction but know when slowing down to create buy-in is critical.
Denver, CO or New York, NY are preferred locations for this position.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $90,000-$170,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie's List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world's largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!