Senior Product Manager
HomeAdvisor is seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our product development team. Since 1999, over 40 million homeowners have turned to us to find professionals for their residential improvement and maintenance projects. We’ve seen nearly 12.5MM requests come through our platform in the last 12 months. As part of our Product team, you’ll be responsible for the strategic planning, development, and delivery of tools and services that our homeowners will use to interact and engage with our service pros. In this role, you’ll be specifically focused on homeowner engagement, building out and refining re-engagement tactics like our loyalty program to drive repeat use by our homeowners.
What we’ll be expecting from you:
Research, Reporting & Analysis – Work on cross-functional teams across Marketing, Strategy, and Product to develop a keen sense of our customer’s needs as well as the competitive and market landscape. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction and performance, whether in the form of competitive intelligence, homeowner behavior, or other business metrics. Report your findings, and turn them into actionable items for the business.
Technical Requirement Writing Skills – Author product specifications defining the business case around proposed features and functionality as well as detailed product requirements/user stories. Exhibit good judgment in balancing considerations for size of opportunity, scope of development and support costs, risks, and end-user experience.
Collaboration with User Experience, Software Engineers, and Testers – Work hand-in-hand with your delivery team. You will be responsible for writing stories/requirements for the Engineering team, and working with them to define how the tools and experience should work.
Project Leadership & Multi-tasking – Establish project timelines and manage project deliverables to ensure products meet target ship dates and match product vision. Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Operations, Product Managers, Designers, Developers and QA to ensure delivery of an optimal finished product. We want someone that prefers working in a fast-paced, Agile environment, and is focused on delivering the right experience for the end user on the agreed upon delivery date.
- 5+ years of experience in technical product development, business analysis, and requirements gathering/writing, with a focus on user re-engagement for an ecommerce and/or internet-based service
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment and a knack for working well with designers, developers, testers, marketing, and executives.
- Initiative and speed. A track record of taking ownership over projects and helping them succeed; you make solid judgments, have good intuition, and reach decisions quickly. You don’t need to wait to ask for direction, but know when slowing down to create buy-in is critical.
- Analytically minded. All your decisions are data-driven and supported by the data and research you’ve collected. You’re comfortable with basic quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and reporting on results.
- Strong collaboration skills: You strongly prefer working in teams, but you’re comfortable working independently when necessary.
- Superior organization skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable success
HomeAdvisor is the largest online marketplace connecting homeowners to prescreened home service professionals. Founded in 1999, we’re one of Colorado’s most successful start-up stories. We launched Instant Booking in 2015, allowing for more direct connectivity between our homeowners and service pros. Our environment is a casual, jeans-and-sneakers environment, where we work hard and have fun. Visit our office, and it’s easy to see why we’ve been named a Denver Post Top Workplace for the last 4 years running (2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016).
Interested in joining our team? Send us a resume to start the conversation.
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
Chief of Staff
Kelsey is in charge of keeping HomeAdvisor’s Denver office running like a well-oiled machine—overseeing daily operations, visitors, deliveries, budgets, and supplies—always working to support management and the sales representatives.
Back to top