Senior DevOps Engineer
As a Senior DevOps Engineer and member of the Platform Automation team, you will help create infrastructure that allows one of Denver’s fastest growing companies to streamline its development and deployment strategies. You will be responsible for helping to scale out our infrastructure by writing automation recipes which will help monitor systems, execute backups and automate day to day tasks. If you’ve ever wanted to get into DevOps, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and work in a fast-paced, fun environment.
We have an Agile (SCRUM) based team environment and release frequently. Your goal is to work hand-in-hand with experts from product development, operations and software testing to deliver HomeAdvisor software quickly and reliably to customers, both internal and external.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Software release on a (currently) Bi-weekly basis
- Work to create continuous delivery pipeline to automatically push code through the environments
- Deploy, debug and optimize dev, test and production VM’s consisting of Linux, Apache, Tomcat
- Work with the team to own and maintain the production infrastructure - patches, backups, upgrades, AMI’s, and security
- Work to create tools to allow development teams to self-serve their platform needs
- Daily interaction with developers and participation in the development process
- Continuously iterate and improve our systems
- Create documentation for supported systems and services
- Participate in on-call, and share in off-hours maintenance work
What will make you a great fit:
- Strong history of professional growth, collaboration and excellent communication skills
- Software release experience (2+ years)
- Knowledge of at least one virtual hosting environment (AWS/Google Cloud Platform/Azure/etc.)
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- Familiarity with containerization tools, such as Docker
- Knowledge of at least one automation tool (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Working in version control, especially with Git and Gitlab
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- You enjoy a fast-paced, demanding DevOps environment that requires collaboration
- Ability to work among multiple teams and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical teammates
HomeAdvisor is a fast-paced, dynamic marketplace helping homeowners improve their homes and contractors grow their business. HomeAdvisor is one of the biggest internet success stories in Colorado, and we've grown up from our startup days with now nearly half of a billion dollars in annual revenue - yet we're nimble enough to stay ahead in the fast-changing internet ecosystem. All of this makes HomeAdvisor a great place to work.
The Denver Post has named HomeAdvisor one of Denver's Top Workplaces for the last 5 years running, and we're known for a casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. Things you'll find here: jeans and sneakers, well-equipped game rooms, a bike share program, flexible scheduling, and on-site fitness classes. We have a 'take what you need' vacation policy, and a well-rounded benefits package that kicks in within 30 days of your first day.
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/
Interested in joining our team? Send us a resume today to start the conversation.
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
As project advisor, Debbie ensures that homeowners are getting the best customer care and connecting with the right contractors for different projects.
Back to top