Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
HomeAdvisor, a subsidiary of IAC, is an innovative internet company that helps homeowners improve their homes and contractors grow their businesses. A vibrant online marketplace offering an array of resources to its customers, HomeAdvisor is one of the biggest internet success stories in Colorado. We've grown up from our startup days – now with nearly a half of a billion dollars in annual revenue and growing international presence – but we're nimble enough to stay ahead in the fast-changing internet ecosystem. All this makes HomeAdvisor a pretty fascinating place to work.
The Team and Role
HomeAdvisor is looking for an experienced Data Warehouse Engineer to play a key role on the Enterprise Intelligence Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence team. The successful candidate will develop and maintain strong relationships with teammates while ensuring delivery of high quality Engineering solutions. This role requires the candidate to demonstrate deep hands-on expertise in Data Warehousing concepts, ETL Architecture, Design, Development, and testing.
- Design, develop, and implement data-integration jobs to effectively process high-volume disparate data sources and meet processing SLAs
- Ensure ETL requirements are clearly understood and accommodated
- Develop and Document all ETL jobs and processes according to ETL standards and best practices
- Interact closely with business partners and Engineering teams to determine analytics needs and translate those needs into efficient & scalable ETL processing needs
- Implement automated data quality checks, as part of ETL, and iteratively improve upon them as the analytics needs evolve
- Define and develop scalable, maintainable & innovative data-integration solutions
- 4+ years of enterprise ETL toolkit experience (Informatica, Talend, SSIS, SnapLogic, etc.), ETL Design, Development & operations experience in a high-volume Data Integration environment
- 8+ years of Data Warehouse, Data Integration and Business Intelligence experience
- Hands-on experience with columnar database technologies, preferably cloud technologies
- Extensive hands on in-depth experience in scripting: Python, Shell, etc, preferred
- Experience in business requirements gathering, data analysis, data mapping, and dimensional data modeling
- Strong analytical and SQL skills
- Detail oriented and willingness to be a team player
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
Sr. Sales Online Marketing Consultant
As a top sales representative, Chris spends his days prospecting new clients, advancing current prospects through the pipeline, and touching base with clients to ensure HomeAdvisor is working for them.
Back to top