Senior Business Finance Analyst
- Denver, CO
The Financial Planning & Analysis team works on short and long-term forecasting and planning to predict and explain business performance. Our business is a two-sided marketplace of homeowners and service professionals, which makes it complex to forecast and data rich; there are many opportunities to support the company with your insight.
About our team:
We work daily with the business units to develop, execute, monitor, and refine key initiatives. You'll step into a data analysis role with the FP&A team, primarily focusing on complex problem solving and building predictive models, as well as ad-hoc analysis to support key business decisions. You must be able to use your quantitative skills to break down large data sets and identify underlying trends and business drivers. This won't be a monotonous job - the business challenges are constant, and the solutions ever changing. The ability to jump into uncharted waters and manage multiple projects with changing priorities is a must.
You'll need to know your way around excel, some experience in statistics, have an aptitude for relational databases as well as a solid helping of common/business sense. As important as your analytical skills, your ability to synthesize large data sets into digestible information will be key. This will be a fast-paced role with ample opportunity to interact with many functions of the company.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline such as finance, engineering, physics, economics, mathematics, etc.
- 3+ years of professional experience in quantitative analysis or an advanced degree in a relevant field
- Advanced Excel experience (lookups, logic functions, etc.)
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills; experience synthesizing data into information, and presenting concise analyses
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Intellectual curiosity balanced with an orientation for getting stuff done.
- Ability to validate results of analyses by reconciling with data from other sources
- Attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and relentless follow through.
- Knowledge of SQL, Access, or other relational databases
- Knowledge of statistical software (R, SPSS, etc.)
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie's List, have combined to create the largest Homeservices marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. By creating innovative technology and providing a highly collaborative environment, we have achieved accelerated growth year after year, and have been recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for each of the past 6 years.
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous "take what you need" vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product. This role will work in our brand-new Headquarters in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, CO.
If you're excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team - this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.
Back to top