QA Automation Analyst
HomeAdvisor.com is the industry-leading online marketplace connecting homeowners to pre-qualified home improvement resources in their area. We are seeking an experienced QA Automation Analyst who would be responsible for ensuring the integrity and quality of our many systems. We're looking for someone who understands the Agile/SCRUM SDLC methodology, can write clear, detailed yet concise test cases, and has worked with a variety of bug tracking software (JIRA gets you bonus points).
HomeAdvisor is looking for someone who loves:
- Being a team player in a fast-paced, dynamic, fun-loving team of QA geeks.
- Finding and squashing bugs (the software kind, generally) on multiple platforms, browsers, and devices to make sure that software is defect-free and functioning as designed.
- Solving a good mystery and figuring out why and how things are working.
If you keep nodding your head as you read, then you could be the newest member of HomeAdvisor's Software Quality Assurance team.
Why we think it's pretty awesome to work here:
- Not every company is recognized as one of Denver's Top Workplaces - this is a jeans-and-sneakers kind of place, where we know that not everyone is productive in exactly the same way, or at exactly the same time.
- No matter how you brainstorm or reset your focus, you have the flexibility to walk away for a few minutes. Go for a run. Check out a bike. Take a ping-pong or foosball break. Do what you need to do so you can be productive.
- Our QA team plays a significant role in the success of our technology and ultimately our business; it's not every place where you can impact customer satisfaction every day.
- We want you to grow - what technology do you want to work with? What responsibilities do you want? You ask, and we'll help you get where you want to go.
Our most successful folks:
- See around the corner - they help the business and technical owners see challenges and unintended consequences resulting from a requested change.
- Learn on the fly - we have a lot of proprietary systems and processes you'll have to learn quickly - but we will provide training!
- Stay organized in chaos - our environment is fun, loose, fast-paced, iterative, and even chaotic at times, so you'll need to stay organized, re-prioritize, and multi-task without blinking.
- Understand the business - See every project as a chance to make the platform and ultimately the business more successful.
- Are flexible - we adhere to an Agile bi-weekly release cycle, so we may require a flexible work schedule on an as-needed basis to accommodate testing/release.
- Work with diverse personnel from across the organization - we work with folks from Product, SCM, UX, Tech Ops, and Development every day, and need to know how to communicate clearly with a variety of personalities.
Experience and Skills:
You'll have to show us:
- 5+ years of manual software testing experience, including in-depth, broad experience in SDLC, Agile methodologies and theories, test plan development, requirements analysis, test case design, test execution practices, defect detection, logging and tracking.
- 3-5 years of testing backend systems that include but are not limited to APIs, Web Services, XML and JSON.
- Very comfortable with SOA testing, gray and white box testing, database testing using SQL to view data to verify test results and ensure that appropriate data conditions exist.
- Proven experience with tools like JIRA, Green Hopper, Zephyr, Confluence, SQL Developer, and/or Toad: automation experience with QTP, Selenium, and/or JMeter is a plus.
We hire smart, dedicated, passionate people every day. This is your shot to show us what you can do. If you're ready to join us, send us your resume and we'll chat.
Back to top