Product Designer (Remote)
- Flexible / Remote
HomeAdvisor is building an innovative, new home service that spans the digital and physical worlds - from the details on a screen, to in-person, human-to-human interactions, and everything in between. You will be charged with redefining expectations around what's possible in the home industry by creating simple, seamless solutions to complex, previously un-solved problems.
We are looking for ambitious Designers at all levels. Highly successful Designers at HomeAdvisor are:
- End-to-end strategic thinkers
Our Designers are hands-on in every phase of a project lifecycle, from early strategy and concepting, through customer research, detailed design, launch, and optimization. They have deep knowledge in a variety of design disciplines: user experience, user interface design, front-end coding, branding, and visual design.
We value creative exploration, iteration, and attention to detail. Designing our service requires an intimate understanding of our diverse users - achieved through continuous research and testing - and close collaboration with many disciplines inside our organization.
What you'll do:
- Design, prototype, and launch great digital experiences that are functional, easy to use, and informed by data and research
- Create concepts, user flows, screens, and prototypes that support our mission
- Make design decisions with a deep understanding of our entire end-to-end service and customers
- Plan and run user tests and other design research to inform your point of view
- Collaborate with the rest of the design team to evolve and refine our visual language, framework, style guide and design process
- Work alongside Product Managers and business owners to understand the problem and define the scope and requirements for a solution
Skills and experience for success:
- 2-3 years designing experiences on mobile and web
- Experience working cross functionally to design & ship products
- A portfolio of personal or professional projects you've designed and helped ship
- Understanding of and a passion for user-centered design principles
- Driven, able to adapt and grow in a fast-paced environment
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous "take what you need" vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ab ility for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product.
Back to top