Outbound Customer Service Representative
HomeAdvisor is growing, and if your friends tell you that you are outgoing, have a great personality, and can talk to anyone, we want to talk to YOU!
This position is a great combination of customer service and sales, that provides the opportunity to earn commissions on top of a base pay. We make outbound calls to the homeowners who have contacted us previously looking for a home improvement contractor to follow up on how the project is progressing. We assist them in submitting another request if they are still in need of more estimates, and then upsell additional requests through HomeAdvisor.
It's simple - we are committed to helping Service Professionals grow their business. 30 million Homeowners utilize our free service. Over 90k rated and approved Service Professionals are within our network. Every 5 seconds, another homeowner reaches out to HomeAdvisor to find a home service professional for their home maintenance, repair, or improvement project. HomeAdvisor is looking for customer service focused and sales driven individuals who want to be part of a fast paced, and fast growing company.
- Making outbound calls on previous consumer's service requests
- Giving excellent service to each customer
- Cross and up-sell other services through quality conversation with customers
- Verify the accuracy and validity of consumer service requests
- Participate in meetings and ongoing training sessions
We are an industry leader, and are backed by IAC, which is one of Fortune's Most Admired Companies, and our sister brands include Match.com, Vimeo, CollegeHumor, and Ask.com, among others.
What we offer to our employees:
- Competitive base pay plus commission
- A full range of benefits - that start after 90 days
- Up to 26 days of paid time off a year!
- Opportunity for growth - where you want to go within HomeAdvisor is up to you (hint hint, all of our managers are promoted from within).
- Other great perks like free soda, dry cleaning drop-off and delivery, team potlucks, food trucks, a basketball court, game rooms (ping pong, anyone?), a bike share program, yoga, and the occasional friendly competition with some pretty awesome incentives.
- NO NIGHTS OR WEEKENDS!
What we look for in a customer care representative:
- Outgoing, with a great personality and people skills to match.
- Dynamic, driven, and competitive - HomeAdvisor is the best, and we want you to be, too.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- Experience in a customer service or call center setting preferred, but not required.
- Upselling experience preferred, but again not required.
- Excellent communication skills and a commitment to world class customer service.
- Familiarity with home improvement projects or contractors helpful, but not required
- Strong working knowledge of personal computers (use of Microsoft Word and Outlook)
- Strong phone, typing or data entry skills required
- High School Diploma or GED required
In addition, you'll need to be able to:
- Work in a fast-paced, high energy call center environment without being distracted (music played throughout the day).
- Sit or stand for an 8-hour shift.
- Hear and talk on a phone head/hand set.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/vvvv
Back to top