Mobile Applications Engineering Manager
HomeAdvisor is looking for a Mobile Applications Engineering Manager with leadership, mentorship, people development, architecture, and agile project management responsibilities to take a major role in our product evolution.
- HomeAdvisor.com is the largest online marketplace connecting homeowners to pre-screened home services professionals their area: a homeowner turns to HomeAdvisor every 5 seconds for help. Our software developers impact how our customers experience our brand every day, and are directly responsible for our company's success in the market.
- Our Service Provider network recently grew to over 160,000 pre-screened home service professionals. Currently, over half of our network uses the Service Provider app and mobile web daily, and it is at the heart of our company's success.
- A thoughtful leader in mobile application development that's able to leverage emerging technologies to implement business features?
- An experienced software developer that's wants to mentor the development team, improve processes and practices, and provide technical experience to help shape software design?
- A voice to help continually define best practices and standards with the development leadership team, and champion them to the team?
- An individual with the ability and desire to see the big picture and bend the lens to see what's around the corner?
- An economical mind with an intuition for understanding scope versus value and placing emphasis on the 80/20 rule?
- A coach and mentor that wants to help develop team members and help create an awesome team?
If you said yes, then we should talk!
Primary things you'll be responsible for:
- Leading the consumer facing native app development efforts for our iOS and Android applications.
- Provide technical analysis for new product features and ideas.
- Mentoring the team members through one on ones, leading agile ceremonies, coordinating story refinement, acceptance criteria and design activities.
- Working with cross-functional business partners in Product Development, UX, Design, and Marketing to understand the business need of a feature or project, help scope the implementation and design and setting expectations for delivery of their desired features.
- Executing and contributing to the product roadmap, setting expectations for feature delivery.
- Triaging problems on the fly including app crashes, bug, user analytics, and level 2 application support.
- Define, prioritize, and articulate the technical wealth roadmap to the business stakeholders to ensure that we continue delivering features while creating a world class application.
- Finding pragmatic solutions to whatever challenges lie in the way.
Experience we'll be seeking:
- 3+ years of experience with team/technical leadership - the ability to coordinate people, build consensus, and take ownership for your solutions.
- 7+ years of overall software development experience in a combination of Web, Android (Java), and iOS (Swift), with at least one app published in the store.
- Service integration patterns, and demonstrable experience in calling Restful APIs.
- Experience with MVP, VIPER and other patterns to successfully separate view and service concerns.
- Knowledge of SOA, microservices, and/or RESTful design patterns.
- Experience with SQLite or other device based DB technologies.
- Experience syncing offline data from app to server side.
- Automated testing at unit and integration levels, using tools such as Junit, Appium, AWS Device farm.
- The ability to help advance design, model solutions: think critically, and contribute in the give-and-take discussions.
- No fear of making a mistake (and admitting to it), but with a preference to do things right the first time and the forethought to build contingencies into the solution.
- Communication skills - if you're not comfortable talking to people at all levels in the organization, this isn't the job for you.
If you want to change the way homeowners and service professionals interact, send us your resume today!
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
Sr. Sales Online Marketing Consultant
As a top sales representative, Chris spends his days prospecting new clients, advancing current prospects through the pipeline, and touching base with clients to ensure HomeAdvisor is working for them.
Back to top