Media Relations Coordinator
HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List are the leading home services marketplace in the country. As a part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List connect millions of homeowners across the world with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. ANGI Homeservices operates brands in eight countries and is headquartered in Denver, Colo.
The media relations coordinator is responsible for executing media relations initiatives and campaigns and generating a variety of content, including press release and advisories. This position requires strong communication, critical quick-thinking and attention to detail.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, works well with management and across multiple teams, is proactive in identifying strategic opportunities, comfortable engaging with media and understands media relations and marketplaces.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports media relations team functions including pitching national and regional tv/radio/online and print outlets to generate media coverage for ANGI Homeservices’ brands
- Build and maintain media lists
- Keep detailed status reports of earned media campaigns and activity
- Create and distribute media releases and media advisories
- Track industry news and generate reports
- Assist in planning and executing media events
- Assist in staffing spokespersons for media interviews
- Performs other duties as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- PR Agency or In-House media relations experience preferred
- Strong written, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with excellent time management skills
- Must consume the media on a daily basis and be up-to-speed on current events
- Ability to differentiate needs of print/broadcast/online media (bloggers, journalists & reviewers) and know how to approach them accordingly
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship-building and consistent demonstration of solid professional judgment
- Ability to think beyond traditional PR tactics and strategies to design/execute innovative approaches
- Strong initiative to strive for continuous accuracy, quality, and timeliness of information
- Works well in a team environment
EDUCATION AND/OR REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience working in a professional setting; agency or in-house experience and/ or training preferred
- Be willing to travel
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
Debbie P.Project Advisor
As project advisor, Debbie ensures that homeowners are getting the best customer care and connecting with the right contractors for different projects.
Back to top