Lead iOS Developer
HomeAdvisor.com is looking for a Lead iOS Developer to join our team of smart, dedicated mobile developers who are responsible for our iOS and Android applications. We’re looking for someone who has led small development teams, and has solid, demonstrable iOS development experience, as well as some experience developing restful API services to support mobile apps.
As a Lead iOS Developer for HomeAdvisor, you’ll have the chance to enhance and improve apps directed towards our service professionals and homeowners:
- Our Service Provider network recently surpassed 100k pre-screened home service professionals. Currently, over half of our network uses the Service Provider app daily, and it is at the heart of our company’s success.
- Our award winning Homeowner app is used by HomeAdvisor’s most loyal customers to find and book trusted home pros, keep track of favorite pros, and manage new projects.
Our goal is to provide both our homeowner and service professional customers with best-in-class app experiences, all while driving value for HomeAdvisor.
We have an Agile (SCRUM) based team environment and release frequently. Your goal is to work hand-in-hand with experts from product development, UX, design, marketing, and software testing to determine the best solution to our business problems and provide the best possible mobile experience for HomeAdvisor customers.
Experience and Skills:
- 3 or more years of native iOS mobile application development, with at least one application published in the app store
- 5 or more years of experience developing commercial software, preferably in Java
- Swift, Objective-C, Xcode, JSON
- Experience with CocoaPods and third-party frameworks such as AFNetworking
- Expertise in using both storyboards and xibs along with UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Autolayout, and size classes
- Demonstrable experience in calling restful APIs to sync phone data with a server
- Experience with team/technical leadership – the ability to coordinate people, build consensus, and take ownership for your solutions;
- The ability to help advance design, model solutions: think critically, and contribute in the give-and-take discussions;
- No fear of making a mistake (and admitting to it), but with a preference to do things right the first time and the forethought to build contingencies into the solution.
- Communication skills – if you’re not comfortable talking to people at all levels in the organization, this isn’t the job for you.
- Experience working on a SCRUM team
- Unit testing of iOS applications
- Experience working with Xcode Server and creating a continuous integration environment
- Experience with CoreData
- *NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE FOR THIS ROLE**
- Comfortable working with ARC and non-ARC code
- Android development experience
- Foosball and/or ping pong skills
HomeAdvisor is a fast-paced, dynamic e-commerce company headquartered in Golden, CO. We help homeowners improve their homes and contractors grow their business through a vibrant online marketplace offering an array of resources to our customers. HomeAdvisor is one of the biggest internet success stories in Colorado, growing from our startup days now with nearly half of a billion dollars in annual revenue – yet we’re nimble enough to stay ahead in the fast-changing internet ecosystem. All of this makes HomeAdvisor a great place to work.
HomeAdvisor has been named one of Denver’s Top Workplaces by the Denver Post for 4 years running, and we’re known for a casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. Things you’ll find here: jeans and sneakers, well-equipped game rooms, a bike share program, flexible scheduling, and on-site fitness classes. We have a progressive ‘take what you need’ vacation policy, and a well-rounded benefits package that kicks in within 30 days (or less!) of your first day.
If you’re interested in a career with us, we’d love to talk. Send us a resume to get started!
Back to top