Jr. Windows Administrator
The Technical Operations team is responsible for keeping all of HomeAdvisor's technical environments up and running across the enterprise, and we're growing! We seek a Junior Windows Administrator who is detail oriented, can work independently, and is customer service focused. This is an ideal position for an entry-level administrator looking to advance his or her career in the world of Windows systems support and administration.
As a Junior Windows Administrator on our team, you'd be responsible for assigned projects, daily tasks, and maintenance within the Windows enterprise environment across multiple physical locations. You'd assist in monitoring system performance, configuration, logs, and backups, and perform routine maintenance as directed by senior members of the team. Additionally, you'd have responsibility for:
- Ensuring that records of system configuration are properly maintained
- Maintaining and managing our hybrid Exchange environment
- Documenting and maintaining existing global back office systems such Office 365, Citrix, Log Rhythm, VMWare, Active Directory
- Providing support as needed to other groups
- Participating in our on-call rotation (which means you'll be on-call about once a month for a week at a time)
- Tracking work through our ITSM solution;
We're looking for someone with fundamental and practical knowledge of a Windows Server environment with 1-2 years of experience (either professionally or through advanced education) in:
- Microsoft® Windows Server 2008-2016
- Messaging systems in general (Exchange, Office 365)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Configuring DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, DFS
- Exposure to scripting languages (VB, Batch, and/or Powershell preferred)
HomeAdvisor is the nation's largest digital home services marketplace matching homeowners with pre-screened service professionals, helping more than 40 million homeowners in our 18-year history, and we continue to grow year-over-year. While we're a true Colorado start-up success story, now with nearly half a billion dollars in revenue and over 2,000 employees in the U.S., this role will work in our Kansas City (Lenexa, KS) office. Our KC office has been named a Top Workplace for each of the last 3 years, and was recognized as THE top place to work in the KC area in 2016. We have a laidback, jeans-and-sneakers, "work hard, have fun" culture, and we hire smart, talented, driven people into our environment every day. Want to learn more? Send us your resume to get the ball rolling.
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
Sr. Sales Online Marketing Consultant
As a top sales representative, Chris spends his days prospecting new clients, advancing current prospects through the pipeline, and touching base with clients to ensure HomeAdvisor is working for them.
Back to top