HomeAdvisor wants a Java Developer with demonstrably strong internet-focused Java development experience to join our team of dedicated, passionate software engineers. Every application you work on will directly impact how our homeowners and service professionals connect and communicate. You'll deliver some of our most innovative and cutting-edge technology solutions to date.
As our team grows, we're looking for someone who loves to code and can work hand-in-hand with experts from product development, marketing, software test and other partners to determine the best solution (not just the easiest solution) to our business problems.
A Top Workplace in Denver for the past 5 years, HomeAdvisor is an online marketplace connecting homeowners to pre-screened and rated home improvement specialists. By consistently revising and innovating new technology, we have achieved accelerated growth year after year, coming a long way from our start-up days. We operate in a highly collaborative environment, and reward and balance hard work with a playful, relaxed environment. A part of IAC, we join Match.com, Vimeo, and others in a wide portfolio of highly successful internet brands.
- A smart, results-oriented individual with a mix of passion for solid application architecture and coding, who also has the soft skills of building relationships and consensus.
- An individual with the ability and desire to see the big picture beyond the happy path, and bend the lens to see what's around the corner - we're software professionals and we think in terms of what happens when…not what happens if….
- An economical mind with an intuition for understanding scope versus value and placing emphasis on the 80/20 rule.
- An empathetic person who mindfully intends to make it easier for the producers and consumers of their work to effectively do their jobs.
- An architectural thinker that values availability and scalability. We use distributed systems to make it all happen. We want people that think that is cool.
- Someone not afraid to make mistakes, and willing to take ownership of projects: gain a good understanding of the problem, work to negotiate an acceptable technology solution, find the tools and answers, and proactively build and deliver code.
If you can demonstrate your skills in these areas, then we should chat:
- Very solid internet-focused Java JEE, particularly Java 8, development
- Understand SOA and OOP concepts
- Understand abstract problems and provide innovative solutions
- Work within a Servlet Container
- Work with Oracle RDBMS
- Ping pong, pool, foosball, or pinball
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
Sr. Sales Online Marketing Consultant
As a top sales representative, Chris spends his days prospecting new clients, advancing current prospects through the pipeline, and touching base with clients to ensure HomeAdvisor is working for them.
Back to top