HomeAdvisor wants a Java Developer with demonstrably strong internet-focused Java development experience to join our team of dedicated, passionate software engineers. Every application you work on will directly impact how our homeowners and/or home service professionals connect and communicate. In our Agile SCRUM environment, you’ll deliver some of our most innovative and cutting-edge technology solutions to date.
As our team grows, we’re looking for someone who loves to code and can work hand-in-hand with experts from product development, marketing, software test and other partners to determine the best solution (not just the easiest solution) to our business problems.
Things you should know about HomeAdvisor:
- We've been around since 1999, and have helped more than 30 million homeowners connect with home service professionals in their area in that time. Our consumer-facing products are used by more than 4 million unique visitors every single month.
- Our environment is pretty laidback - Jeans and sneakers. Ping pong. Foosball. Community bikes, a basketball court, and on-site locker rooms. Flexible schedules. "Take what you need" paid time-off so you can balance your work and life responsibilities. Need we say more?
- We focus on your productivity - when you need a ping-pong break to brainstorm, or a different OS or a new development tool so you can get more done, we’ll get you what you need.
- Your teammates are passionate about their work, and strive to be experts in their field. We push you to learn and grow, too - what technology do you want to work with? What responsibilities do you want? You ask, and we’ll let you play.
Experience and Skills:
If you are:
- A smart, results-oriented individual with a mix of passion for solid application architecture, hands-on coding, and project management, who also has the soft skills of building relationships and consensus.
- An individual with the ability and desire to see the big picture beyond the happy path, and bend the lens to see what’s around the corner - we’re software professionals and we think in terms of what happens when…not what happens if….
- An economical mind with an intuition for understanding scope versus value and placing emphasis on the 80/20 rule.
- An empathetic person who mindfully intends to make it easier for the producers and consumers of their work to affectively do their jobs.
- An architectural thinker that values availability and scalability. We use distributed systems to make it all happen. We want people that think that is cool.
- Not afraid to make mistakes, and willing to take ownership of projects: gain a good understanding of the problem, work to negotiate an acceptable technology solution, find the tools and answers, and proactively build and deliver code.
- A voice helping to define best practices and standards with the development leadership team, and champion them to the team.
And you can demonstrate your skills in these areas:
- Very solid internet-focused Java JEE development
- Understand abstract problems and provide innovative solutions
- Work within a Servlet Container
- Work with Oracle RDBMS
- Ping pong, foosball, or pinball
Then we should chat! Apply today to start the conversation.
Back to top