IoT Full-Stack Developer
HomeAdvisor wants an IoT Developer with a demonstrably strong Java and Node.js development experience to join our team of dedicated, passionate software engineers. You will work with cutting edge Internet of Things sensors, hubs, chat-bots, and Voice User Interface experiences to interact with HomeAdvisor’s digital marketplace to connect homeowners with the world’s largest Service Provider network. You’ll deliver some of our most innovative and cutting-edge technology solutions to date.
2017 means focusing on our IoT initiatives, and we’re looking for someone who loves to code and can work hand-in-hand with experts from product development, marketing, software test and other partners to determine the best solution (not just the easiest solution) for our business problems.
A Top Workplace in Denver for the past 4 years, HomeAdvisor is an online marketplace connecting homeowners to pre-screened and rated home improvement specialists. By consistently revising and innovating new technology, we have achieved accelerated growth year after year, coming a long way from our start-up days. We operate in a highly collaborative environment, and reward and balance hard work with a playful, relaxed environment. A part of IAC, we join Match.com, Vimeo, and others in a wide portfolio of highly successful internet brands.
- A smart, results-oriented individual with a mix of passion for solid application architecture and coding, who also has the soft skills of building relationships and consensus.
- An individual with the ability and desire to see the big picture beyond the happy path, and bend the lens to see what’s around the corner – we’re software professionals and we think in terms of what happens when…not what happens if…
- An economical mind with an intuition for understanding scope versus value and placing emphasis on the 80/20 rule.
- An empathetic person who mindfully intends to make it easier for the producers and consumers of their work to effectively do their jobs.
- An architectural thinker that values availability and scalability. We use distributed systems to make it all happen. We want people that think that is cool.
- Someone not afraid to make mistakes, and willing to take ownership of projects: gain a good understanding of the problem, work to negotiate an acceptable technology solution, find the tools and answers, and proactively build and deliver code.
We’ll be asking you to demonstrate your skills in these areas:
- Solid Java EE development experience, particularly Java 8, development
- Solid understanding of SOA, REST, and microservice development
- Understand abstract problems and provide innovative solutions
- Work with Oracle RDBMS, ElasticSearch and other DBs
- Experience building TDD/BDD driven automated testing
- Ping pong, pool, foosball, pinball, tricycle racing, or trivia
- Bonus points for AWS Lambda, Step Functions, Alexa skill development, Spring Boot microservices, distributed messaging/JMS or Kafka, MBeans, REST architecture, distributed caching, Git, CSS, and fluency in at least one Linux-based scripting language
If this sounds like you, then we should chat! Send us a resume to start the conversation.
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
Chief of Staff
Kelsey is in charge of keeping HomeAdvisor’s Denver office running like a well-oiled machine—overseeing daily operations, visitors, deliveries, budgets, and supplies—always working to support management and the sales representatives.
Back to top