HomeAdvisor.com is adding another iOS Developer to our team of smart, dedicated mobile developers. We’re looking for a developer who has solid, demonstrable iOS development experience, as well as some experience developing restful API services to support mobile apps.
As an iOS Developer for HomeAdvisor, you’ll have the chance to enhance and improve apps directed towards our service professionals and homeowners:
- Our Service Provider network recently surpassed 100k pre-screened home service professionals. Currently, over half of our network uses the Service Provider app daily, and it is at the heart of our company’s success.
- Our award winning Homeowner app is used by HomeAdvisor’s most loyal customers to find and book trusted home pros, keep track of favorite pros, and manage new projects.
Our goal is to provide both our homeowner and service professional customers with best-in-class app experiences, all while driving value for HomeAdvisor.
We have an Agile (SCRUM) based team environment and release frequently. Your goal is to work hand-in-hand with experts from product development, UX, design, marketing, and software testing to determine the best solution to our business problems and provide the best possible mobile experience for HomeAdvisor customers.
Experience and Skills:
- 1 or more years of native iOS mobile application development, with at least one application published in the app store
- Swift, Objective-C, Xcode, JSON
- Experience with CocoaPods and third-party frameworks such as AFNetworking
- Expertise in using both storyboards and xibs along with UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Autolayout, and size classes
- Demonstrable experience in calling restful APIs to sync phone data with a server
- Experience working on a SCRUM team
- Unit testing of iOS applications
- Experience working with Xcode Server and creating a continuous integration environment
- Experience with CoreData
- A strong passion for iOS Development and keeping up to date on new platform developments
- 5 or more years of experience developing commercial software
Bonus Points For
- Loving both mobile app development, and server-side programming in Java
- Strong Java programming experience (Spring, Jersey, Java 7 or 8)
- Comfortable working with ARC and non-ARC code
- Android development experience
- Foosball and/or ping pong skills
Back to top