HR Generalist / Recruiter
HomeAdvisor is the largest online marketplace connecting homeowners with the professionals they need to get home projects completed. We’re one of Colorado’s biggest internet success stories, now with more than 1600 employees across 6 locations in the U.S. To aid with the growth of our Colorado Springs office, the HomeAdvisor HR team is adding a driven, quick-thinking HR Generalist/Recruiter. This will be a dual role, splitting time equally between recruiting top sales and customer service talent and working as a Generalist to assist our Colorado Springs employees as needed. This person will report directly to the Sr. Director of HR/Staffing, who sits in HomeAdvisor’s Golden, CO headquarters.
How we'll keep you busy:
Our Recruiters are the face of HomeAdvisor. Along with another full-time dedicated Recruiter in the Colorado Springs office, you will be responsible for finding, interviewing, and assisting managers with hiring to meet HomeAdvisor's needs, while promoting and maintaining the HomeAdvisor brand. We're looking for a self-motivated teammate who understands, and believes in, the impact a good recruiting team can have on business success. You’ll be:
- Reviewing candidate resumes/profiles for positions primarily in sales and customer care
- Digging up candidates in both the obvious and less obvious places - you'll be responsible for database sourcing, targeting networking events, attending job fairs, and brainstorming creative ways to find the right candidates.
- Building business partnerships with internal managers and trainers to facilitate talent interviewing and on-boarding.
- Working with hiring managers to create engaging marketing materials to attract top-notch candidates.
- Conducting introductory calls, phone interviews, and face-to-face interviews with potential candidates to assess their qualifications.
- Assisting in new hire on-boarding processes.
As the sole HR Generalist in the Colorado Springs office, you’ll be responsible for supporting approximately 200 on-site employees. You’ll work with the HomeAdvisor HR team in our other offices, but will be the primary contact for Colorado Springs employees. At HomeAdvisor, our HR team is responsible for making decisions that mitigate risk for the company, for supporting our employees, and for partnering with business management to help HomeAdvisor continue to be a Top Workplace. Responsibilities will include:
- Meet with employees as needed to discuss complaints, issues, and answer questions.
- Conduct exit interviews with resigning employees, and provide written feedback to management
- Review and audit employee files for compliance with policies and procedures
- Review and approve terminations, ensuring all documentation is complete and our decisions are consistent
- Complete unemployment claims and attend hearings as needed for Colorado Springs employees
- Administer and manage medical leave under Short Term Disability and the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Facilitate HR training and other projects as needed for management
Experience and Skills:
What we'll be looking for in the ideal candidate:
- At least 3 years of HR and recruiting experience, with at least 1 year in a dedicated recruiting role, and past experience recruiting for a high-volume (preferably call center) environment. Must have prior experience with applicant tracking systems and database sourcing, and no fear of cold calling.
- Strong working knowledge of employment laws and HR best practices
- Ability to make personnel hiring/firing decisions in accordance with laws and best practices, ensuring that the decisions are in the best interests of the company and mitigate risk.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, which encompasses solid grammar skills, excellent listening skills, and the ability to communicate effectively through phone, in-person, and electronic communications.
- Strong computer aptitude, with strong knowledge around the MS Office Suite, including Outlook, internet searching, and web-based applications, as well as the ability to learn new software quickly.
- A go-getter mentality, with a professional, positive, energetic attitude and a desire to go above and beyond given project parameters.
- The ability to handle multiple concurrent projects, to keep the information organized, and to learn on the fly to keep up with the lightning speed of our environment.
- A commitment to top-notch customer service, follow-through, and professionalism.
- Ability to quickly build relationships and trust with colleagues, and maintain confidentiality.
It’s highly imperative that you’re flexible, able to work independently, and communicate to your management team. There will be no on-site administrative support, so the ability to stay organized, keep to a schedule, and stay on top of administrative duties related to this role (interview notes, new hire paperwork, documentation of HR conversations) will be absolutely necessary to be successful in this job. This role may require occasional travel to our Golden, CO headquarters.
Our environment is flexible and fun-loving, but we move fast, have a lot to do, and are passionate about what we do. We want you to work hard and have fun, and we have a strong commitment to a work/life balance. Check us out to see if HomeAdvisor is the right place for you!
Back to top