HomeAdvisor is the largest online marketplace connecting homeowners with the professionals they need to get home projects completed. We're one of Colorado's biggest internet success stories, now with more than 2,000 employees across 6 locations in the U.S. To aid with the growth of our Golden, CO headquarters location, the HomeAdvisor HR team is adding a driven, quick-thinking HR Generalist to our team. This person will report directly to the Sr. Director of HR/Staffing.
How we'll keep you busy:
As a vital part of HR team, you'll be responsible for directly supporting approximately 400 employees within our Customer Care organization, as well as assisting in the overall support of 1,100 total staff members. You'll work with the HomeAdvisor HR team in our other offices, and will have opportunities to take on additional projects as needed. At HomeAdvisor, our HR team is responsible for making decisions that mitigate risk for the company, for supporting our employees, and for partnering with business management to help HomeAdvisor continue to be a Top Workplace. Responsibilities will include:
- Meet with employees as needed to discuss complaints, issues, and answer questions
- Conduct exit interviews with resigning employees, and provide written feedback to management
- Review and audit employee files for compliance with policies and procedures
- Review and approve terminations, ensuring all documentation is complete and our decisions are consistent
- Complete unemployment claims and attend hearings as needed
- Administer and manage medical leave under Short Term Disability and the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Facilitate HR training and other projects as needed for management
What we'll be looking for in the ideal candidate:
- At least 2 years of experience as a HR Generalist, preferably in fast-paced and high growth environment.
- Strong working knowledge of employment laws and HR best practices and practical application in the workplace (preferably a call center environment).
- Ability to make personnel hiring/firing decisions in accordance with laws and best practices, ensuring that the decisions are in the best interests of the company and mitigate risk.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, which encompasses solid grammar skills, excellent listening skills, and the ability to communicate effectively through phone, in-person, and electronic communications.
- Strong computer aptitude, with strong knowledge around the MS Office Suite, including Outlook, internet searching, and web-based applications, as well as the ability to learn new software quickly.
- A go-getter mentality, with a professional, positive, energetic attitude and a desire to go above and beyond given project parameters.
- The ability to handle multiple concurrent projects, to keep the information organized, and to learn on the fly to keep up with the lightning speed of our environment.
- A commitment to top-notch customer service, follow-through, and professionalism.
- Ability to quickly build relationships and trust with colleagues, and maintain confidentiality.
It's highly imperative that you're flexible, able to work independently, and communicate to your management team. The ability to stay organized, keep to a schedule, and stay on top of administrative duties related to this role (documentation of HR conversations, FML and disability paperwork) will be absolutely necessary to be successful in this job.
Our environment is flexible and fun-loving, but we move fast, have a lot to do, and are passionate about our work. We want you to work hard and have fun, and we have a strong commitment to a work/life balance. Check us out to see if HomeAdvisor is the right place for you!
If you're interested in moving your career to a new level, we'd love to talk. You can talk directly with one of our recruiters by visiting http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register for our next chat!
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
Sr. Sales Online Marketing Consultant
As a top sales representative, Chris spends his days prospecting new clients, advancing current prospects through the pipeline, and touching base with clients to ensure HomeAdvisor is working for them.
Back to top