Full Stack Developer
Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack
Angie’s List is looking for a full time Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack with proven coding, delivery, best practices and technical leadership responsibilities to take a major role in one of our delivery teams.
- A smart, driven individual with a mix of passion for excellence in coding, efficient delivery, solid application design, and technical leadership?
- A voice to help continually define and promote best practices and standards and champion them to your team?
- A contributor that asks questions and tests assumptions, with the ability and desire to see the big picture and bend the lens to see what's around the corner?
- An economical mind with an intuition for understanding scope versus value and placing emphasis on the 80/20 rule?
- An architectural mind that values availability, scalability and sustainability? We use a distributed microservice architecture to make it all happen and want people who are excited to contribute to it.
If you said yes, then we should talk!
Primary things you'll be responsible for:
- Partner with your Product Manager to analyze needs and propose solutions that meet the requirements while balancing time and cost.
- Team up with Architecture to ensure your solutions take full advantage of a reactive, distributed microservices platform.
- Collaborate with your team’s Quality Engineer to identify how best to prove your code meets requirements and automate those tests.
- Work with DevOps to ensure all deliverables can be deployed, managed and monitored automatically in a cloud-first, infrastructure-as-code approach.
- Participate and contribute in your team’s agile rituals in a Scrum focused development culture.
- Get your code to Prod as quick as possible in a continuous delivery environment that deploys 10+ times a day.
- Hold yourself and your team members accountable to best practices around performance, reliability, quality, security, and testability standards.
- Own your work all the way to Prod and beyond, aiding in triaging and fixing of bugs and issues that come up.
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/
Experience we’ll be seeking:
- Possession of an undergraduate degree in computer information technology, computer engineering, or related degree.
- 6+ years’ experience in software engineering or developing.
- Experience working on technical teams building software applications.
- Understanding of React.js and Redux and their core principles.
- Knowledge of SOA, microservices, and/or RESTful design patterns.
- Experience handling large volumes of operational data with MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis and Kafka.
- Automated testing at unit and integration levels, using tools such as Junit, Mockito, powermock, Spock, Selenium, etc.
- Knowledge of data modeling and SQL optimization within a MySQL environment.
- Knowledge of one or more Agile software development life cycle methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Smart, curious, motivated, and honest.
- No fear of making a mistake (and admitting to it), but with a preference to do things right the first time and the forethought to build contingencies into the solution.
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
As project advisor, Debbie ensures that homeowners are getting the best customer care and connecting with the right contractors for different projects.
Back to top