Enterprise Data Warehouse Developer
HomeAdvisor, a subsidiary of IAC, is an innovative internet company that helps homeowners improve their homes and contractors grow their businesses. A vibrant online marketplace offering an array of resources to its customers, HomeAdvisor is one of the biggest internet success stories in Colorado. We've grown up from our startup days – now with nearly a half of a billion dollars in annual revenue and growing international presence – but we're nimble enough to stay ahead in the fast-changing internet ecosystem. All this makes HomeAdvisor a pretty fascinating place to work.
The Team and Role
We're looking for someone who is a data-driven self-starter and a great communicator, with the skills necessary to ensure the successful growth and support of our data warehousing systems. As a data warehouse developer, you'll be making valuable contributions to the continuous transformation and improvement of our information systems. This role works with the rest of the Enterprise Intelligence team within HomeAdvisor to support the entire information development lifecycle, including data profiling, ETL and data model design and development, testing, and support.
- Support the ongoing development and maintenance of our data warehousing systems, including a migration to elastic Cloud Data Warehouse
- Work with project teams and business contacts to understand their needs and requirements and ensures the design and delivered solution meets those needs.
- Work closely with the enterprise data warehouse team to translate business requirements and logical data models into working data artifacts.
- Understand the source data available and map sources to the target design using a variety of tools: Informatica, Python scripts, plsql
- Conducts thorough testing of ETL code changes to ensure quality of data produced
- Makes changes to data artifacts to reflect changes required by new subject areas
- Monitoring the EDW platform metrics, while recommending and implementing improvements
- Assisting the team with performance tuning for ETL and database processes
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field -or- equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in IT software development (such as systems analysis, data warehousing, ETL, etc)
- 3+ years' experience with ETL tools, such as Informatica, Talend, SAP Data Services, SSIS, etc.
- 2+ years' experience with Database development, administration, debugging, and tuning
- Experience with relational database design/modeling using tools such as ERstudio or ERwin
- Expert-level SQL coding/querying skills
- Great interpersonal and communications skills
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, flexible environment, and take the initiative to learn new tools and concepts quickly
- Solid understanding of systems architecture
- Experience dealing with large relational data sets, including load performance, query performance, archiving, etc.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Crystal, Business Objects, Microsoft SSRS, or Oracle OBIEE.
- Project experience with unstructured or semi-structured data
- Snowflake cloud data warehouse experience is a bonus
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
Sr. Sales Online Marketing Consultant
As a top sales representative, Chris spends his days prospecting new clients, advancing current prospects through the pipeline, and touching base with clients to ensure HomeAdvisor is working for them.
Back to top