Angie's List is seeking an eager and driven Software Engineering Manager with coding, best practices advocacy, leadership, mentorship, and people development responsibilities. ANGI Homeservices is the largest home services marketplace in the US; over sixty million homeowners have turned to an ANGI brand to find professionals for their repair and improvement projects.
- A smart, driven individual with a mix of passion for solid application design, team leadership/mentoring, while still staying close to the application code?
- A voice to help continually define and promote best practices and champion them to the team?
- An individual that asks questions and tests assumptions, with the ability and desire to see the big picture?
- An architectural mind that values availability, scalability and sustainability?
- A coach and mentor that wants to help develop team members and help create an awesome team?
If you said yes to the above, then we should talk!
Primary things you'll be responsible for:
- Leading an agile scrum team of backend, database, and QA team members, including mentoring, technical planning, project management, breaking features into stories and follow through on deployment and operational support
- The day-to-day management of an exciting agile team of talented people, and ensuring your team continually works hard to hone their skillsets and strives towards their career goals
- Collaborating with cross-functional business partners in Product, Architecture, Analytics, Data Management and Operations, to understand the business need of a feature or project, and setting expectations for delivery of their desired features.
- Triaging problems on the fly including application support
- Finding pragmatic solutions to whatever challenges lie in the way of delivering exceptional business value
- Guiding the career development of a team of software engineers
Experience we're seeking:
- 2+ years of experience with team/technical leadership - the ability to coordinate people, build consensus, take ownership for your solutions, participate in hiring, and work with team members on continued growth and career goals
- 5+ years of overall software development experience, with at least 5 years of Java, Scala or Node.js development experience, including familiarity with database MySQL and MS SQL database implementations
- Knowledge of handling large volumes of operational data with MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis and Kafka.
- Knowledge of data modeling and SQL optimization within a MySQL environment;
- Experience with Mulesoft, Salesforce, Attunity and Amazon Web Services a plus
- The ability to help advance design, model solutions, think critically, and contribute in give-and-take discussions
- Communication skills - if you're not comfortable talking to people at all levels in the organization, this isn't the job for you
- Interpersonal skills - Ability to build a rapport with the team, be an attentive listener, and able to see multiple perspectives
Here at Angie's List we have an honest, friendly, and fun community. This permeates nearly every interaction that we have with each other, our customers, and our code. It is on that foundation that we have built a world class, cloud-based, event-driven micro-service architecture that serves both our members and service providers across the entirety of the US.
Angie's List is a part of ANGI Homeservices Inc. (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. We turn home improvement jobs imagined into jobs well-done. People throughout North America and Europe rely on our technologies to book quality home service pros across 500 different categories, from repairing and remodeling to cleaning and landscaping. Over 250,000 service professionals find work through ANGI Homeservices and consumers turn to at least one of the brands to find a pro for more than 20 million projects each year. Our marketplaces have enabled more than 150 million consumer-to-pro connections, meaningfully redefining how easily and effectively home pros are discovered and hired.
We have established category-transforming products through the brands HomeAdvisor®, Angie's List®, Handy and Fixd Repair - as well as international brands HomeStars, MyHammer, MyBuilder, Instapro, Travaux and Werkspot. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation.