Director, Search Engine Marketing
We are looking for a Director, Search Engine Marketing to lead our talented SEM team in growing and optimizing our largest performance marketing channel. The ideal candidate will be a proven innovator in this increasingly complex discipline, with motivational team leadership skills alongside an extensive SEM background.
This is a very high-profile role across the organization with the expectation that our SEM lead sets the overarching strategy while driving accountability from cross-functional teams harmoniously.
About the SEM Team:
SEM is a mature channel at HomeAdvisor and continues to be a key business driver (we're a top spender across Google and Bing). With galvanizing ambitions in sight, we're looking for an ideal candidate to propel continued SEM acceleration via transformational growth plans. Exceeding quarterly financial targets is paramount, though a clear vision on the future of SEM is necessary to stay one step ahead of the ever-changing landscape.
- Lead the management and growth strategy of large-scale SEM accounts (both brand and non-brand)
- Coach a talented team of SEM experts while consistently balancing evolving priorities and overseeing the execution of business-critical initiatives
- Rigorously analyze, report on and succinctly communicate performance trends to senior stakeholders across the organization
- Dive deep into SEM accounts to assess performance, identify trends, and make optimizations as needed
- Sustain and improve account performance through rigorous testing and ongoing optimizations
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams (Data Science, Product, Analytics, Business Intelligence, etc.) for synergistic SEM alignment
- Inform technical roadmap to find optimal balance between consumer demand and supply-side inventory
- Enhance third party relationships to ensure that we are receiving the strongest levels of external support at all times
- Stay apprised of developing trends in the digital marketing space while formulating plans to adapt swiftly
Desired Experience & Attributes:
- 8+ years of experience managing SEM campaigns in Google AdWords & Bing Ads
- 3+ years of team management experience (agency or client-side)
- Profound expertise in SEM bidding strategies (3P platforms or Smart Bidding)
- Demonstrable background working with and analyzing large data sets
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail with a mathematics or statistical background
- An ambitious mindset with an innate ability to command ownership of projects from inception to completion
- Deep passion for the digital marketing space with a proven track record of innovation
- Knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence, Tableau, Omniture, and SQL a plus
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie's List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world's largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
See Inside the Office of HomeAdvisor
Launched in 1999, HomeAdvisor—an IAC owned company—is home improvement heaven to property owners and service professionals. Facilitating instant online booking, confident hiring, cost guides, and resources, HomeAdvisor matches homeowners seeking maintenance with the largest network of pre-screened home pros nationwide—all for free. Simultaneously, HomeAdvisor also connects qualified service providers with business boosting access to endless customers.
Back to top