HomeAdvisor is the largest marketplace for Home Services nationwide – think Uber, Tinder, or Instacart for home improvement – and one of the fastest growing consumer internet brands in the country. With 30%+ annual growth, we are looking for a Corporate Recruiter to help grow our office in Downtown Indianapolis.
With continued growth on the horizon, we need a quick-thinking Corporate Recruiter on our team who will be responsible for finding, interviewing, and assisting managers with hiring to meet HomeAdvisor’s needs, while promoting and maintaining the HomeAdvisor brand. Our Recruiters are the face of HomeAdvisor, so it’s our responsibility to explain our product and company culture, build great relationships, and provide top-notch customer service to all our clients, both internal and external.
In addition, you will focus on University Relations and Campus Recruiting in and around the Indianapolis area. You will serve as the face of HomeAdvisor for both undergrad and post-grad college-age candidate recruitment, and as such, you’ll be responsible for building a comprehensive list of college contacts and expanding our on-campus recruiting presence.
How we’ll keep you busy:
- Digging up candidates in both the obvious and less obvious places – you’ll be responsible for internet/database sourcing, targeting networking events, attending job fairs, etc. to find the right candidates.
- Building business partnerships with college career centers, professors, and other contacts to increase HomeAdvisor’s campus visibility.
- Building business partnerships with hiring managers to ensure that talent needs are met.
- Reviewing candidate resumes/profiles for entry-level positions, particularly in sales, and conducting introductory calls, phone interviews, and/or face-to-face interviews to assess candidate qualifications.
- Coordinating phone, video, and/or on-site interviews with hiring managers.
- Assisting in new hire on-boarding processes.
- Other business-necessary projects as needed.
A little more about us:
HomeAdvisor is the largest online marketplace connecting homeowners and pre-screened home improvement specialists. We’ve been around since 1999, and have been named a Top Workplace by the Denver Post for each of the past 4 years.
Our team runs smart – we have 12 internal recruiters supporting our 6 offices across the US. We are passionate about our work, and strive to be experts in our field. We love to learn, and will do what we can to teach you, support you, and challenge you.
What you’re contributing every day far outweighs everything else. We know not everyone is productive in exactly the same way, and we try to accommodate what we can, as long as business needs are met. That being said, we work hard, but we have a great time while we do it – a good sense of humor is required.
What we’ll be looking for in the ideal candidate:
- At least 1-3 years of recent full life-cycle recruiting. At least 1 year in a high-volume, agency setting is preferred. Must have prior experience with managing candidates and documentation in an applicant tracking system, and conducting BOTH internet and database sourcing.
- Past experience with intern, college, or entry-level recruiting is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, which encompasses solid grammar skills, excellent listening skills, and the ability to communicate effectively through phone, in-person, and electronic communications.
- Strong computer aptitude, with strong knowledge around the MS Office Suite, including Outlook, internet searching, and web-based applications, as well as the ability to learn new software quickly.
- A go-getter mentality, with a professional, positive, energetic attitude and a desire to go above and beyond given project parameters.
- The ability to handle multiple concurrent projects, to keep the information organized, and to learn on the fly to keep up with the lightning speed of our environment.
- A commitment to top-notch service, follow-through, and professionalism.
This is a full-time opportunity to join our team. All candidates must be eligible to work for any US-based employer without sponsorship. We hire smart, talented, driven people every day – this is your chance to knock our socks off. Want a shot? Send us your resume to get the ball rolling.
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
Chief of Staff
Kelsey is in charge of keeping HomeAdvisor’s Denver office running like a well-oiled machine—overseeing daily operations, visitors, deliveries, budgets, and supplies—always working to support management and the sales representatives.
Back to top