HomeAdvisor is seeking an experienced Corporate Paralegal to provide support for public company filings and corporate governance matters, including Section 16 reporting, managing the day-to-day insider trading compliance program, reviewing 10b5-1 trading plans, and assisting the team with corporate projects and maintenance of physical and electronic archival records.
Additionally, this person will be responsible for:
- Maintaining governance and corporate compliance records and documentation for all companies, including preparing shareholder and board resolutions, share registers, stock certificates, and corporate minute books
- Assisting with administration of contract management
- Working closely with attorneys to ensure ongoing upkeep of all corporate record-keeping responsibilities
- Litigation support, including docket management and potentially filing pleadings
- Managing state qualifications to do business
- Special projects such as drafting/preparing Company form agreements and responding to common complaints and subpoenas
- Five years of corporate paralegal or related experience with a law firm or public company.
- Bachelor's degree and Paralegal Certification
- Public company SEC reporting experience, as well as experience with public company corporate governance matters, the preparation of board and committee materials, and the conduct of the company's annual meeting of shareholders.
- Working knowledge of Section 16 reporting and compliance requirements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Hands-on, energetic and motivated self-starter who is intellectually curious.
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with equity plan administration a plus
- Experience managing day-to-day insider trading policy compliance.
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral advocacy skills.
- Contract Logix or similar contract management experience a plus.
HomeAdvisor is the nation's leading marketplace connecting homeowners to local home services professionals. We're one of Colorado's start-up success stories, now with more than 2,000 employees across the U.S. and nearly a half-billion dollars in annual revenue. Our Colorado Headquarters has been named a Top Workplace by the Denver Post for each of the last 5 years, and our culture is known for being relaxed and focused on employee growth. This role is part of the continued growth of our organization, and will play a key role in transitioning HomeAdvisor to a public company. Additionally, this role has significant growth opportunity, and your experience and desire to learn will drive your career options in our environment.
Interested in learning more? Submit a resume through our Careers page, or chat with our recruiters any time by visiting http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us.
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
Sr. Sales Online Marketing Consultant
As a top sales representative, Chris spends his days prospecting new clients, advancing current prospects through the pipeline, and touching base with clients to ensure HomeAdvisor is working for them.
Back to top