Corporate Communications Coordinator
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can jump-start your PR/Communications career? Want to work for one of Denver’s Best Workplaces? Check this out…
Here at HomeAdvisor, our Public Relations/Corporate Communications team is responsible for promoting and maintaining the HomeAdvisor brand across traditional media outlets, social media, and community relationships. We have an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to add more depth to their PR/Communications experience. This is a great opportunity to learn more about public relations from a large company perspective.
Some of the areas where you’ll get a lot of experience:
- Prepping press materials, like news releases, press kits, and publicity programs, as well as online newsroom management.
- Researching publication reports and pulling briefing documents for media interviews.
- Creating/maintaining media distribution lists and monitoring/tracking HomeAdvisor media clips.
- Creating/managing content across a variety of publicity campaigns.
- Creating/preparing presentation materials for senior leadership.
- Helping with the planning and execution of on-site and off-site events.
Experience and Skills:
What we’ll be looking for in the ideal candidate:
- BA/BS degree required with a preference for graduates of PR, Journalism, and/or Communications programs.
- A passion for Public Relations and Communications – we’re looking for someone who really wants to learn and grow into a strong communications professional.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, which encompasses solid grammar skills and knowledge of Associated Press style. Knowledge of strategic communication planning and execution is necessary.
- The ability to work in a multitude of computer programs, especially Microsoft Office. Working knowledge of PowerPoint is a must, and basic Photoshop skills will help tremendously.
- Highly skilled with WordPress, including theme customization and content management.
- An understanding of data-driven decision making – with an ability to interpret and analyze data, and work closely with our reporting team to gather necessary information about performance.
- A go-getter mentality, with a professional, positive, energetic attitude and a desire to go above and beyond given project parameters.
- The ability to handle multiple concurrent projects, to keep the information organized, and to learn on the fly to keep up with the lightning speed of our environment.
What is HomeAdvisor, anyway?
HomeAdvisor is the largest online marketplace connecting homeowners to pre-screened and rated home improvement professionals in their area. We’re an IAC company, joining Match.com, Ask.com, and others in a wide portfolio of highly successful Internet brands. We’re one of Denver’s largest Internet companies, and one of Colorado’s biggest start-up success stories.
Our teammates are passionate, and strive to be experts in their field. They love to teach and learn, and will challenge you to be better at what you do. We push you to make your career path what you want, and strive to help you get there. We’re known for a casual, laidback environment with an on-site basketball court, weekly yoga classes, and a superior game room for those times when you to recharge.
Interested in starting your career with HomeAdvisor? Apply today to start the conversation!
Back to top