Business Intelligence - Visualization Engineer
HomeAdvisor is looking for a rock star Business Intelligence Professional to build and manage reports that will guide our business on a daily basis. As a member of the HomeAdvisor Enterprise Intelligence team you'll join other outstanding engineers and data experts to work hard, have fun, and help create the largest and most effective home service marketplace in the world for home owners and service providers to connect and successfully complete projects.
The Team and Role
You will have the opportunity to work with exciting new technologies like Snowflake Cloud Elastic Data Warehouse, Tableau, Oracle BI 12c, Alooma/FiveTran, Automate, Automate Scheduler, and much more.
In our drive to become a fully data driven enterprise, this role will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining reports for all levels of our organization
- Generating new insights to help guide the strategic direction of HomeAdvisor
- Driving usage of our new intelligence platform(s) across self-serve, mobile and guided-path dashboards
- Integrating new data sources into our on premise DW and cloud data warehouse
- Ensuring data cleanliness and accuracy
- Converting legacy reports to take advantage of cloud technologies and data warehouse objects
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Masters in Math/Statistics/Finance or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience creating business intelligence solutions that accommodate different enterprise needs, including self-serve, standard guided-path dashboards, mobile analytics, push / published 'pixel perfect' reports
- 3+ years of experience building business intelligence reports using an enterprise toolkit (Oracle BI 12c, Tableau, MicroStrategy, PowerBI, Looker, etc.)
- 5+ years of demonstrated quantitative and qualitative business intelligence experience with impact to a business, a track record of problem solving using software systems, and the desire to create and maintain data warehouse systems
- Experience with Big Data Technologies like Hadoop or Hive preferred
- Experience with scripting using Perl, Ruby, Python, or other programming languages preferred
- Must be detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on issues
- Experience communicating with senior management as well as with colleagues from engineering, analytics, and various business departments
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
Sr. Sales Online Marketing Consultant
As a top sales representative, Chris spends his days prospecting new clients, advancing current prospects through the pipeline, and touching base with clients to ensure HomeAdvisor is working for them.
Back to top