Business Intelligence Solutions Architect
HomeAdvisor, a subsidiary of IAC, is an innovative internet company that helps homeowners improve their homes and contractors grow their businesses. A vibrant online marketplace offering an array of resources to its customers, HomeAdvisor is one of the biggest internet success stories in Colorado. We've grown up from our startup days – now with nearly a half of a billion dollars in annual revenue and growing international presence – but we're nimble enough to stay ahead in the fast-changing internet ecosystem. All this makes HomeAdvisor a pretty fascinating place to work.
The Team and Role
HomeAdvisor is looking for an end-to-end BI Solution Architect to take our visualization and data warehouse initiatives to the next level.
- Do you know what it takes to make BI a key partner in driving a business forward?
- Can you demonstrate your knowledge in understanding how to find, get, prep, and integrate data?
- Do you have experience in various BI solutions - analytics, real-time, geospatial, and temporal data, BigData?
- What about various end solutions - ad-hoc / self-serve reporting, dashboards, mobile?
- Collaborate with business areas and data owners to successfully implement and maintain an enterprise level business analytics and data warehousing solution.
- Develop front-end, metadata and ETL specification to support business requirements for reporting across the organization.
- Performance tuning and enforcing repository best practices.
- Facilitate the migration from an on premises solution to a cloud-based solution
- Responsible for the design, set up and maintenance of both Production and Non-Production environments.
- Troubleshoot Production issues, identify root cause and migrate fixes.
- Develop reporting standards and best practices to ensure data standardization and consistency.
- Define and develop physical and logical data models to support departmental and functional reporting needs.
- Create, maintain, and manage documentation for all data warehouse and reporting development efforts.
- Help to create and implement a long-term storage and business continuity strategy including backup & recovery and data storage and archiving.
- Lead solution design based on input from governance, enterprise architecture, business requirements, business case, etc.
- Develop solution architecture principles, patterns, logical process, data and application work products.
- Bachelor's Degree with a Master's in Business Administration, Information Technology, or specific relevant subject area (or equivalent work experience) preferred
- 3+ years of previous experience with accomplishments supporting business intelligence in large enterprise data programs
- Must be able to rapidly context switch across subject matter, communication and architecture products, and stakeholder audiences.
- Must be able to demonstrate fast visual prototyping
- Experienced in enterprise business intelligence toolkits, including Oracle BI Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Microsoft, Qlikview, Tableau, Microstrategy, Pentaho, etc
- Have working knowledge of cloud business intelligence toolkits
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
Sr. Sales Online Marketing Consultant
As a top sales representative, Chris spends his days prospecting new clients, advancing current prospects through the pipeline, and touching base with clients to ensure HomeAdvisor is working for them.
Back to top