Business Intelligence Analyst
HomeAdvisor, a subsidiary of IAC, is an innovative internet company that helps homeowners improve their homes and contractors grow their businesses. A vibrant online marketplace offering an array of resources to its customers, HomeAdvisor is one of the biggest internet success stories in Colorado. We've grown up from our startup days - now with a half-billion dollars in annual revenue and growing international presence - but we're nimble to stay ahead in the fast-changing internet ecosystem. All this makes HomeAdvisor a pretty fascinating place to work.
The Business Intelligence Analyst...
Our business is complicated, with more than 12 million homeowner service requests annually, and a dynamic internet landscape with rapidly-changing customer preferences and habits. Opportunities and decisions often involve numerous impact factors and multiple business units. This makes the Analyst role so critical.
We work closely with the executive team and business units to develop, execute, monitor, and refine key initiatives. With this role, you'll step into a strategic role that will support our technology and product teams, primarily focusing on complex product reporting and data analysis. In addition to excelling in modeling and analysis, you'll need to utilize your SQL skills to quickly and accurately pull large data sets, and turn that into easily understandable information for the business. This is not a "take orders" environment – you are here for your passion and input about improving HomeAdvisor.
- 5 years of professional experience in a data/business analysis role
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely to a non-technical audience
- Passion for innovation, analytics and solving new challenges every day
- Hunger for learning, self-starter
- Strong, demonstrable SQL skills
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills
- Experience synthesizing information from numerous sources, working with incomplete data, and presenting concise analyses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bonus round: proficiency with a scripting language (Python, R, etc.), enterprise BI tools (Oracle BI, Microstrategy, etc.)
- Knowledge of core data warehouse concepts
- Experience with an enterprise ETL tool
HomeAdvisor has been named one of Denver's Top Workplaces by the Denver Post, for the last 5 years in a row. We're known for a casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. Things you'll find here: jeans and sneakers, well-equipped game rooms, a bike share program, and on-site fitness classes. We have a progressive "take what you need" paid time-off policy, and a well-rounded package of health and welfare benefits that kick in within 30 days of your first day. Need we say more?
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
Sr. Sales Online Marketing Consultant
As a top sales representative, Chris spends his days prospecting new clients, advancing current prospects through the pipeline, and touching base with clients to ensure HomeAdvisor is working for them.
Back to top