Business Development Representative: Franchise and Mid-Market - mHelpDesk
We know you’re looking for more than just a job, you’re looking for a career. Here’s your chance to launch that career and work for one of the best startups in the DC Metro area which is in rocket-ship mode. mHelpDesk is hiring a Franchise and Mid-Market Business Development Representative to create and execute on a process to develop new mid-market accounts through outbound activities. You will be joining our exciting and new Strategic Partnerships team to tap into potential customer opportunities generating new business. The successful Business Development Representative will be able to manage both inbound leads and inquires as well as hunt and target outbound opportunities. If you enjoy building valuable partnerships within mid-size organizations to drive meaningful success to their business, this job is for you!
Life at mHelpDesk
mHelpDesk is not your average startup. We are a fast growing company that was recently acquired by a major internet brand. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved at an early stage. Think of us as a startup without all the risks of working for a startup. That means no late (or missed) paychecks, no need to find your own expensive health insurance plan, no working for a tiny fraction of your market value. It also means no corporate atmosphere with strict dress code or stuffy bureaucracy to drown out your ideas.
We value every team member and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do big things with us.
You can learn more about our work environment and product here: http://facebook.com/mhelpdesk
- Are competitive and driven to succeed in everything you do, and you NEVER give up
- Take challenges head-on, and face rejection with a consistently positive attitude!
- Are outgoing, with a great personality and good people skills- you’re not afraid to pick up the phone
- Are process oriented and able to document results
- Tech savvy, able to figure out new systems quickly
- Want to contribute immediately to a team-oriented environment
- Have a strong and focused work ethic; are able to handle a fast paced setting with a positive attitude
- Take the initiative to go above and beyond
- Are a self-starter
- Enjoy critical thinking
- Are career oriented, and looking for growth
- Have a sharp, professional demeanor
- Make as much commission as you can!
- Develop and execute on a strategic and operational plan; develop, document and circulate a set of best practices that will be the foundation of this team
- Manage the prospecting sales process to qualify and pitch mHelpDesk with a focus on new business growth - create a positive and productive customer experience
- Grow strategic partnerships by consistently hitting monthly lead and sales quotas through successfully managing inbound leads and targeting outbound opportunities
- Prospect and identify decision makers by making cold calls and warm calls (emails too!)
- Use a consultative sales approach to promote and explain mHelpDesk software
- Sell to mid-size early adopters of field service software
- Facilitate an effective transition to an Account Executive for deal completion, partnering with them throughout the lifecycle to improve the customer experience
- Create reliable forecasts and be completely transparent with management on pipeline status
What it takes to work here:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of experience working in a professional environment (professional, volunteer, military etc.), MBA a plus
- Motivated by competition and the ability to increase your earning potential
- Exceptional phone presence and superior skills managing and optimizing a process; can share specific professional examples
- Strong written communication skills, especially via email
- A proven track record of consistent performance and ability to hit and exceed goals and quotas
- Ability to assess business opportunities and use data to inform decision making and persuade others
- Ability to manage a large number of prospect situations simultaneously while positions company products against direct and indirect competitors
- Proficiency in the use of modern technology; specifically computers and software
Additional skills that would be nice to have
- Knowledge of the Sales Cycle and how to bring buyers through it
- Knowledge of SaaS businesses and selling to SMBs
- Knowledge of Service Based Businesses and how they operate
- Prior experience working with Salesforce
In addition, you’ll need to be able to:
- Work in a fast-paced, high energy sales center environment without being distracted
- Sit or stand for an 8-hour shift
- Ability to work 9-6pm
- Hear and talk on a phone head/handset
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
- Provide proof you are at least 21 years of age
- Be AWESOME
- Have FUN
mHelpDesk is a leading provider of web-based service management software that is revolutionizing how companies manage their customers and service tickets. We’ve grown our customer base to 6,000+ companies over three years by offering superlative support and a hassle-free sales experience from a smart and dedicated team of support specialists who also guide customer trials through the conversion process. mHelpDesk was rated 5 Stars in Capterra, and has been featured on CBS Money Watch, Tech Crunch, Washington Business Journal, and The Boston Globe. Learn more at www.mHelpDesk.com.
You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing to create a unique experience for our customers. Individuals seeking employment at mHelpDesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Back to top