At HomeAdvisor, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
This is a unique opportunity to work directly with the General Manager of Everyday Services as a trusted advisor and execution partner to build data-driven business cases with the goal of improving the pro and consumer experience, and economics, of this category's underlying services. Everyday Services include most tasks under $500, and these types of requests make up a significant percentage of the overall ANGI Homeservices business. You will partner cross-functionally across departments including sales, marketing and product, be responsible for the strategy and measurement of key projects, and get to know the inner-workings of a fast-growing technology company. You will devise strategy, build frameworks and analyses, structure solutions and drive and measure results in the most critical areas of the business.
What you'll do
- Work with the General Manager to take a business objective or goal and break it down into a cohesive plan - identify specific areas of opportunity through analysis, understand the drivers behind them, set metrics to focus on and own the goals and testing plan that will get us there
- Support and conduct regular check-ins with those responsible for execution of business process changes (sub-category leads and functional partners in marketing, sales and product) with ongoing measures of progress and collaborate to identify further opportunities
- Cross-pollinate insights from analyses across parent categories (ie, Everyday Services' counterparts) on a regular basis (through meetings, email / Slack, other forums)
- Closely track the most important business metrics on a regular basis (e.g. daily, weekly, and monthly), and work with General Manager and sub-category leads to understand the trends and surface opportunities to improve key metrics with more in-depth analyses
- Build, evolve, manage and support end-to-end analytics pipelines; you will likely be identifying metrics not yet tracked and need to develop the underlying tables to regularly report on them
What we're looking for
- Analytical and ambitious people, with a desire to learn and grow rapidly
- Experience building business cases and interfacing regularly with senior leaders
- Structured thinker with strong organizational and communication skills
- 5-7 years of professional experience in an analytical field such as management consulting, finance or another tech company
- MBA from a top business school (not a requirement so apply if you think you're a good fit even if you didn't go to b-school)
- Willingness to adapt to a fast-paced work environment; hack, test and learn mentality; team player
- Demonstrated intermediate-to-advanced proficiency in SQL
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in Excel
- Experience at a marketplace company a plus
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position range s from $120,000-$170,000, commensurate with experience and performance . Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie's List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world's largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!