Architect, User Interface
Here at Angie's List we have an honest, friendly, and fun community. This permeates nearly every interaction that we have with each other, our customers, and our code. It is on that foundation that we have built a world class, cloud-based, event-driven micro-service architecture that serves both our members and service providers across the entirety of the US.
The Architect, User Interface is responsible for the architecture of all external facing software properties at Angie’s List including web, mobile, and SEO. This role will sit in our downtown Indianapolis office, and will be responsible for designing and implementing a consistent user experience and user journey across our properties. The ideal candidate has over 7 years of software engineering experience with a focus on leadership, architecture, front-end design and mobile development.
- Work to keep consistency across the User Journey for all external facing properties at Angie’s List, and to keep a consistent User Experience and feel while working across various technologies
- The design and implementation of front-end build systems
- Be the primary Development liaison for Product with regards to UI/UX (specifically Design and SEO)
- Represent Development and Architecture at a variety of external events including user groups and conferences
- Effectively deliver presentations and content to the broader organization
- Continuously evaluate new technologies
- Stay up to date on the latest trends, libraries, and technologies
- Work with the development teams to oversee all Front-End tickets, design, and execution
- Ability to partner closely with business and technology stakeholders to set and implement strategy
- Good organization and program management skills with a track record of successful program delivery
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Strong executive communication skills and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong customer service and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of React, Redux, TypeScript, and Bootstrap grid
- Knowledge of Kotlin and Swift is a bonus
Education & Experience
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering, with a strong focus on the front-end
- Experience successfully leading organizational change
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field is preferred
Angie’s List joined forces with HomeAdvisor in September 2017 to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation. We connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor employ nearly 4,000 employees across the U.S., with our biggest hubs in Denver, CO and Indianapolis, IN. Our parent company, ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), operates 10 brands in eight countries, and is headquartered in Golden, CO.
If you’d like to ask some questions about this role before you apply, you chat with one of our Recruiters directly through our bi-weekly chat sessions. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register for our next session.
Back to top