About ANGI Homeservices:
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, have combined to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation. We connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. Our business is complicated, with more than 15 million service requests annually and a dynamic internet landscape with rapidly-changing customer behaviors. ANGI operates 10 brands in 8 countries and is headquartered in Golden, CO. The Financial Analyst role will sit on our FP&A team in the Golden office.
The Financial Planning & Analysis team works on short and long-term forecasting and planning to predict and explain business performance. Our business is a two-sided marketplace of homeowners and service professionals, which makes it complex to forecast and data rich; there are many opportunities to support the company with your insight.
About The Role:
We work daily with the business units to develop, execute, monitor, and refine key initiatives. You'll step into a data analysis role with the FP&A team, primarily focusing on complex problem solving and building predictive models, as well as ad-hoc analysis to support key business decisions. You must be able to use your skills to break down large data sets and identify underlying trends and business drivers. This won't be a monotonous job - the business challenges are constant, and the solutions ever changing. The ability to jump into uncharted waters and manage multiple projects with changing priorities is a must.
You'll need to know your way around excel, some experience with statistics and a solid understanding of common/business sense. As important as your analytical skills, your ability to synthesize large data sets into digestible information will be key. This will be a fast-paced role with ample opportunity to interact with many functions of the company at HomeAdvisor
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline such as finance, engineering, physics, economics, mathematics, etc.
- 1+ years of professional experience in quantitative analysis or an advanced degree in a relevant field
- Advanced Excel experience (lookups, logic functions, etc.)
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills; experience synthesizing data into information, and presenting concise analyses
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Intellectual curiosity balanced with an orientation for getting stuff done.
- Ability to validate results of analyses by reconciling with data from other sources
- Attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and relentless follow through.
- Knowledge of SQL, Access, or other relational databases
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
As project advisor, Debbie ensures that homeowners are getting the best customer care and connecting with the right contractors for different projects.
Back to top