Accounts Receivable Operations Supervisor
HomeAdvisor, a subsidiary of IAC, is an innovative internet company that helps homeowners improve their homes and contractors grow their businesses. A vibrant online marketplace offering an array of resources to its customers, HomeAdvisor is one of the biggest start-up success stories in Colorado. Our business is complicated, with more than 12 million homeowner service requests annually, and over 155,000 service professionals in our network. Keeping track of all the financial transactions across the organization make our Accounting team's work vital to the success of our business.
Due to accelerated growth, we are looking for an Accounts Receivable Operations Supervisor to join our organization. With a variety of projects on the horizon, and no sign of our business slowing down, this Supervisor will play a vital role in ensuring our continued success. In this role, you'd oversee a team of 3 Accounts Receivable Specialists, while serving as the business's main point of contact for AR-related questions.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process transactions in proprietary system - payments, refunds, credits, chargebacks, and voids
- Reconcile accounts
- Prepare manual invoices
- Respond to large volume group email boxes
- Record deposits for multiple companies
- Support and train direct reports in daily activities
- Handle escalated inquiries and follows through with resolution or involves the next level of management
- Upload weekly ACH batch to Bank of America CashPro
- Interface with 3rd party collections agencies
- Communicates with other departments and operations regarding contracts and projects
- Calculate accruals for Quarterly Rebates and apply in proprietary system
- Coordinates with Business Development the calculation of Revenue Shares
- Create journal entries with adequate support and load into general ledger
- Support internal and external clients with a positive "can do" attitude
- Communicate with co-workers when issues arise to work towards a positive resolution in a timely manner
Experience and attitudes we're seeking:
- 5+ years working in an Accounts Receivable role, with at least a year of supervisory/management experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, including experience using vLookups and pivot tables; bonus points for match index and VBA knowledge
- Familiarity with high-volume transactions in an email-heavy environment
- Understanding of GAAP accounting and revenue recognition concepts, as well as an understanding of internal controls relative to revenue recognition is a strong plus
- Comfortable learning new technology and accounting systems; experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Very detail-oriented with a strong focus on accuracy
- Very customer-oriented with strong communication skills for dealing with both internal and external customers
HomeAdvisor has had 10+ consecutive quarters of 30%-50% year over year revenue growth. Our Product Development group is continually first to market with new technology for our online marketplace. Our tenured Accounting team works hard, and is full of driven, collaborative teammates with our sites on world class status. HomeAdvisor has been named a Top Workplace in Colorado 5 years running, and offers plenty of space for you to get your projects done, and take a break to refresh when you need it. If you're interested in moving your career to a new level, we'd love to talk. You can talk directly with one of our recruiters by visiting http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register for our next chat!
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
Sr. Sales Online Marketing Consultant
As a top sales representative, Chris spends his days prospecting new clients, advancing current prospects through the pipeline, and touching base with clients to ensure HomeAdvisor is working for them.
Back to top