Strategic Alliances Manager
Who are you?
You spot opportunities in the market where others don't, especially where companies can partner together to capture value they couldn't otherwise capture on their own.
You love the challenge of accomplishing the impossible with few resources, but you also look for possibilities to leverage heavyweights in any ecosystem of companies.
Like a consultant, you quickly understand how businesses tick, but you would rather be an operator building a business. You go crazy when things aren't getting done.
You can get along with anyone, but still challenge others in tough conversations when conflicts arise that risk long-term goals.
You love developing "marriages" between businesses to exponentially grow a business, but don't flinch at many challenges that come with the journey to realize its full potential.
If this sounds like you, you might be the person we are looking for. This is a partner development role in the rapidly-growing video interviewing and artificial intelligence space. The ideal person has a high level of intelligence, professionalism and drive.
You are part diplomat, part entrepreneur, part business operations, and part marketer. Strong problem solving skills and a resourceful self-starting nature will be critical to identifying and maximizing opportunities across a variety of partners. The ideal person enjoys a fast-paced culture with many competing demands. He or she must be equally capable of understanding strategic issues while "rolling up the sleeves" to work on the details.
- Develop Existing Partnerships: You will have day-to-day responsibility for improving the value of several partnerships. These will be a mix of product integration and channel partnerships across the ecosystem. This will require you to develop a deep understanding of your partner's business and their priorities, identify joint opportunities, execute on initiatives with urgency, develop relationships across partner companies, and manage expectations and alignment. Activities include meeting frequently with partners via check-ins, mapping accounts to provide partner assistance on sales opportunities, promoting integrations to help with customer retention, and ensuring executive bridging on strategic partner accounts. On the occasion where a partnership is misaligned or underperforming, you will diagnose the relationship, initiate sometimes challenging discussions with partners, and re-structure or re-negotiate the partnership as needed.
- Work Across Internal Functions: You will work with HireVue colleagues in sales, product management, legal, engineering, customer success, professional services and marketing. You'll need to be comfortable speaking to API's, discussing legal clauses, designing CRM fields, presenting to customers alongside colleagues, understanding revenue recognition, forming opinions on which integrations are economically worthwhile to pursue, and educating colleagues on how alliances contribute to broader HireVue priorities. You need to see the business holistically and enjoy diverse interactions, but also ruthlessly prioritize and execute with focus.
- Help Manage a Portfolio: You will help the alliances team to screen inbound inquiries, or drive outbound interests, to add to HireVue's partner portfolio. This will require an understanding of the broader talent acquisition ecosystem, how it's changing with new technology and distribution channels, and where HireVue should partner or not. You will help identify new partnerships, propose joint opportunities, structure arrangements, and negotiate agreements.
- Help build the alliance function: You will work closely with the alliances team to improve business development operations. This includes developing customer-facing collateral, designing training to onboard new colleagues about alliances, creating reports in Salesforce and Tableau, documenting processes, and developing communication across departments.
- Industry experience in software serving the Talent Acquisition or HR function
- Minimum of 7+ years experience with 2+ years in alliances
- Driven, personable, organized, analytical and relentlessly focused on execution
- Enjoys the challenge of tackling big problems with minimal resources
- Available for 25% travel most of the year, and 50% travel during busy seasons
- Comfortable meeting with executives of industry-leading organizations and presenting in front of large audiences to educate people on all things HireVue
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in Powerpoint and Excel
- Cross-functional experience in one or more of the following: product, engineering, sales, marketing, legal, business operations, finance, customer success, professional service or consulting
- Conversant in one or more of the following topics: API's, Data Science, Predictive Analytics, IO Psychology / candidate assessments and international expansion
- Experience across the full life-cycle of partnerships (forming partnerships, growing partnerships, retiring partnerships)
- Great compensation package
- MBO structure tied to growth and expansion of strategic partners
- Great Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k with match eligibility
- Work with an amazing group of people
- Opportunity to stretch yourself to get better everyday
- Opportunity to build amazing products that matter
HireVue is revolutionizing the way companies discover, hire and develop talent with our Video Intelligence platform. Combining predictive, validated I/O science with artificial intelligence allows business to augment human decision-making in the hiring process, delivering higher quality talent, faster.
HireVue works with over 600 customers globally including leading global brands like Dow Jones, Carnival Cruise Lines, Intel, Vodafone, Urban Outfitters, Nike, and Deloitte in over 100 countries.
HireVue was named among the top 10 "America's Most Promising Companies" by Forbes, "Best Place to Work for Millennials" by Fortune, and was recognized as five-time winner of "Top HR Product of the Year" by HR Executive Magazine.
For more information, visit www.hirevue.com and www.vuenation.com
Meet Some of Hirevue's Employees
Kayde keeps HireVue teams up-to-date on education and product training in order to ensure that every employee continues to develop personally and professionally during their time with the company.
Back to top