Hinge Health is building the world's most patient-centered Digital Musculoskeletal (MSK) Clinic™. It is now the leading Digital MSK Clinic, used by four in five employers and 90% of health plans with a digital MSK solution. Hinge Health reduces MSK pain, surgeries, and opioid use by pairing advanced wearable sensors and computer vision technology with a comprehensive clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches.
Hinge Health's HingeConnect integrates with 750,000+ in-person providers and enables real-time interventions for elective MSK surgeries, driving proven medical claims reduction. Available to millions of members, Hinge Health is widely trusted by leading organizations, including Land O'Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at: http://www.hingehealth.com .
About the Role:
You will lead and grow the core consumer product, partnering closely with the leadership team to drive our goals and deliver world-class products, as well as innovate across new technologies. You will work closely with HH founders on product design innovation and ideation.
Leadership: Lead, grow, and raise the bar for a high-performance and high-morale product design team that improve UX engagement, clinical outcomes and enhance respect for our brand
Hiring : Hire and develop a diverse array of designers at scale to drive the best practices and methodology in an inclusive and psychologically safe environment.
Scaling: You will thoughtfully scale and foster a growing community of HH Product Designers and implement meaningful mechanisms & systems to help the team thrive.
Cross-functional collaboration: You will partner closely with the leaders of product, engineering, visual design, ux research and operations to cultivate new technological innovation.
Vision & Ideation: You will work closely with HH founders to ideate on the future design and UX in the Hinge Health experience.
Core App Innovation: Innovate and build inclusive product experiences that caters to all communities to improve user engagement, outcomes, and retention by developing and shipping compelling consumer product experiences.
Empathy: Obsessed over users. Promotes focus on the needs of the user, and understanding their pain points and motivations, then advocates for solutions from that perspective. Uses user research to inform problem statements and validate designs.
Problem solving: Strong problem solving and creative thinking ability across relevant domains, products, and platforms. Models and coaches problem solving.
Strategic Thinking: Asks the why--and the why not--questions; builds understanding of how projects and solutions ladder up to impact on our business goals.
Design Crit/Feedback: Is able to deliver feedback on design solutions and give clear product direction. Is gracious and collaborative in giving feedback, and works to use feedback to improve design outputs and user experiences.
Collaboration: Able to work effectively with cross discipline partners and company stakeholders to create solutions; demonstrates leadership qualities, works well with other colleagues and with leadership.
We want to make you aware that there continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real HR employees and sending fictitious job offers to applications in a scheme to obtain sensitive information.
Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center.
If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 12+ years of UX/product/service design experience and 6-8 years of managing managers and principal direct reports
- Proven ability to both deliver a bold vision and iterate quickly on concepts to arrive at an amazing customer experience that raised the bar.
- Experience in app redesign and rebranding; planning and developing design systems, and extending them to scale products in new and bold directions
- Strong, committed, nurturing leader with proven experience scaling teams with high quality results, low attrition, and thriving team members
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to provide strong influence and impact on product direction by being a thoughtful, proactive partner with Product and Engineering colleagues
- Solid history in leading UX, UI, HCI, product design and/or service design for consumer and/or enterprise native mobile and/or web-served apps
- Experience in healthcare, education, exercise, or other personal program delivery design
- Experience in hardware, wearables, and/or hardware-based interfaces
- Experience in packaging
- Design for accessibility and/or localization
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Human-computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent
- Master's degree in Interaction Design, Customer Experience Design, HCI or similar
WHAT SHAPES OUR COMPANY
- Trust: We trust our teammates to always act in the team and company's best interest.
- Hustle: We're creative, we're unrelenting, we find a way.
- Effective communication: We're prompt and concise.
- Learn-it-all (vs know-it-all): We're always willing to learn.
- Frugal: We don't waste money and especially not time
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 75% for your dependents)
- Flexible PTO
- FSA/HSA accounts
- Family & fertility benefit through Maven Clinic
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Professional Development budget
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Generous mental health stipend
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company's lifecycle
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Hinge Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know by reaching out to your Recruiter and we'll work with our accommodations team to evaluate your request.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Hinge Health is an E-verify employer