Site Reliability Engineer
Hinge Health is pioneering the world's most patient-centered Digital Musculoskeletal (MSK) Clinic. We reduce MSK pain, opioid use, and surgeries by pairing advanced wearable technology with a comprehensive clinical care team including doctors of physical therapy, physicians, and board-certified health coaches. Available to millions of members, Hinge Health is the #1 Digital MSK Clinic for health plans and employers, including Boeing, Salesforce, and US Foods.
Hinge Health has raised $436M to date with offices across San Francisco, Austin, Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle and more.
Site Reliability Engineers at Hinge Health are software engineers assuming the responsibility for all operational aspects of the Hinge Health runtime platform, including automation for self-service provisioning and configuring environments, containers, logging, monitoring, alerting, and relevant compliance and security automation associated with the platform. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly collaborative, cross functional environment.
We want to make you aware that there continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real HR employees and sending fictitious job offers to applications in a scheme to obtain sensitive information.
Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center.
If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to email@example.com.
WHAT YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH
- Enable others by developing collaborative workflow processes and automation for engineers to ramp up new infrastructure capabilities
- Own platform and infrastructure configuration and deployment
- Ensure all systems are appropriately auditable, with automation for supplying evidence
- Enhance and automate failover capability and resiliency to fault conditions
- Implement exhaustive testing, logging and monitoring with relevant alerting
- Actively manage risk and prioritize vital infrastructure work
- Assist with automating continuous integration and continuous delivery systems
- Aid with system-wide testing efforts (smoke testing)
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrated expertise with one or more provisioning tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Programming expertise with a high-level language such as Python or Ruby, with demonstrated knowledge of software engineering best-practice development (e.g., linting, testing)
- Demonstrated operational expertise with cloud-hosted systems such as AWS or Google, with experience operating platform layers such as Heroku or Aptible
- Experience with production Docker-based software deployments
- Ability to collaborate and problem solve across teams
- Ability to lead incident response when required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- 5 years of software engineering experience, with 2 years of SRE-focused projects involving process automation, systems administration, and/or general SRE activities
- Bachelor's degree in C.S. or equivalent experience
- Prior experience with healthcare data (PHI/PII/HIPAA requirements)
- System and/or network administration
- Prior experience working with Kubernetes
- Experience developing software in Ruby on Rails or Node-based applications
- Deep knowledge of SQL
- Prior experience with PKI and/or cybersecurity
WHAT SHAPES OUR COMPANY
- Trust: We trust our teammates to always act in the team and company's best interest.
- Hustle: We're creative, we're unrelenting, we find a way.
- Effective communication: We're prompt and concise.
- Learn-it-all (vs know-it-all): We're always willing to learn.
- Frugal: We don't waste money and especially not time.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 75% for your dependents)
- Flexible PTO
- FSA/HSA accounts
- Family & fertility benefit through Maven Clinic
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Professional Development budget
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Generous mental health stipend
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company's lifecycle
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Hinge Health is an E-verify employer
Back to top