Senior Product Designer
Hinge Health is pioneering the world's most patient-centered Digital Musculoskeletal (MSK) Clinic. We reduce MSK pain, opioid use, and surgeries by pairing advanced wearable technology with a comprehensive clinical care team including doctors of physical therapy, physicians, and board-certified health coaches. Available to millions of members, Hinge Health is the #1 Digital MSK Clinic for health plans and employers, including Boeing, Salesforce, and US Foods.
Hinge Health has raised $436M to date with offices across San Francisco, Austin, Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle and more.
We're looking for a mission-driven individual to join us in creating engaging and effective experiences to empower successful behavioral health change. This person will be a thought leader and key contributor within the Design and R+D teams, and will work closely with Engineering, Product, and Clinical teams at Hinge Health.
You will craft an engaging, simple, and effective program that will empower people to do the things they love. Specifically, you will collaborate on product vision, ideation, and workflows; drive interaction patterns, design system components, and visual polish at Hinge Health. You will deliver storyboards, personas, wireframes, prototypes, and specs. You will bring practice improvement, thought leadership, creative thinking, and mentorship for less experienced designers.
Ideal experiences would be in UX, UI, HCI, product design and/or service design for consumer and/or enterprise native mobile and/or web-served apps. Startup, healthcare, fitness, or hardware experience is a plus but not a must. We're looking for an individual who always begins with and returns to the end user; is comfortable sketching, prototyping, and iterating quickly to share and validate; can see the "big picture" with a strong desire to continuously improve every detail of our user experience. You have a solid command over UX and UI best practices. You bring strength in layout, details, and visual hierarchy to support usability and brand presence. You subtly and effectively use those skills to critique and mentor other designers so we can all grow our skills and design a better product and journey for our users.
WHAT YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH
- Lead product experience creative vision; identify and visualize opportunities to up-level our products, experiences to benefit our users and our brand
- Mentor and/or manage less experienced designers
- Collaborate with Product to conceive and refine project requirements, user needs, and business needs
- Wireframe workflows for first use, daily use, edge cases, error states, etc
- Design layouts, UI, interaction patterns, visual design, and system components
- Identify needs and key opportunities for user input; help plan and conduct user research with contextual interviews, think-alouds, A/B tests, surveys and analysis
- Collaborate with Engineering to refine specs for initial and ongoing implementations
- Communicate design vision and interaction with prototypes, presentations, and mocks
- Design experiences and flows that are simple and elegant at feature- and whole app-level
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Portfolio that showcases your command and ability to move fluidly between user experience design and interface design
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Product Design, Human-computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent
- 5+ years of UX/product/service design experience
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision; iOS/Android native app patterns, responsive/HTML/CSS design
- Self-directed and able to manage multiple complex projects in a timely manner
- Experience building and working with design systems, and ability to extend them to scale products in new and bold directions
- An ability to receive critique gracefully and provide thoughtful critique to others
- Experience designing and shipping successful, elegant whole app feature-level experiences
- Comfortable presenting work and using design to build alignment, having direct influence and impact on product direction
- Experience in healthcare, education, exercise, or other personal program delivery design
- Strength in illustration, iconography and visual design
- Proficiency in Framer, Principle
- Design for accessibility and/or localizalization
- Master's degree in Interaction Design, HCI or similar
WHAT SHAPES OUR COMPANY
- Trust: We trust our teammates to always act in the team and company's best interest.
- Hustle: We're creative, we're unrelenting, we find a way.
- Effective communication: We're prompt and concise.
- Learn-it-all (vs know-it-all): We're always willing to learn.
- Frugal: We don't waste money and especially not time.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 75% for your dependents)
- FSA/HSA accounts
- Family & fertility benefit through Maven Clinic
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Professional Development budget
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Generous mental health stipend
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company's lifecycle
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We want to make you aware that there continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real HR employees and sending fictitious job offers to applications in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please be diligent and if you encounter any suspicious activity, please reach out to email@example.com.
Back to top