Senior Product Designer
Hinge Health is pioneering the world's most patient-centered digital hospital, starting with musculoskeletal health. MSK conditions are the #1 medical spend for US employers. Hinge Health is finally making it easier to bring expert-recommended care to millions of patients by being the first company to combine wearable-sensor guided exercise therapy with 1-on-1 health coaching and patient education. Only Hinge Health has clinically validated outcomes across 4 peer-reviewed studies showing reductions in: chronic pain, opioid use, anxiety, depression, absenteeism, and costly surgeries.
4 in 5 employers with a digital MSK solution partner with Hinge Health and we are poised to triple our customer base again in 2020. Hinge Health has raised $126M to date and has 200+ employees across our San Francisco, Portland, Minneapolis, Chicago, and remote offices.
We’re looking for a mission-driven individual to join us in creating behavioral health change. This person will be a leader within the Product development team, and will work closely with engineering, product, clinical, and commercial teams at Hinge Health.
The Senior Product Designer will craft an engaging, simple, and effective program that will empower people to do the things they love. Specifically, the designer will collaborate on product vision, ideation, and workflows; drive interaction patterns, design system components, and visual polish at Hinge Health; they will deliver storyboards, personas, wireframes, prototypes, and redlines.
The ideal candidate will have experience in UX, HCI, product design or service design for native consumer or enterprise mobile apps. Startup, healthcare, or hardware experience is a plus but not a must. We’re looking for an individual who always goes to the end user, is comfortable prototyping and iterating quickly to validate, and can see the "big picture" but is also willing to continuously improve every detail of our user experience.
- Lead product and creative vision
- Mentor and/or manage junior designers
- Collaborate with Product to refine project requirements, user needs, and business needs
- Wireframe workflows for first use, edge cases, error states; and over time
- Design layouts, UI, interaction patterns, visual design, and system components
- Conduct user research with contextual interviews, Think-alouds, A/B tests, surveys and analysis
- Collaborate with engineering to refine specs until final implementation
- Communicate design vision and interaction with prototypes, presentations, and mocks
- Must provide a portfolio featuring product design work
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Human-computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent field
- 5+ years of UX/product/service design experience
- Proficiency in Sketch, Adobe, Invision, iOS/Android, responsive web, HTML/CSS/JS
- Self-directed and able to manage multiple complex projects in a timely manner
- Experience in healthcare, education, exercise, or other program delivery design
- Master’s degree in Interaction Design, HCI
- Proficiency in Framer, Principle; accessibility design, internationalization
WHAT YOU'll LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Daily lunch
- Professional development budget
- Monthly fitness/gym reimbursement
- Annual mental wellness benefit
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
When applying, please share a link to your portfolio. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Back to top