Principal/Senior Industrial Designer
- San Francisco, CA
Hinge Health is pioneering the world's most patient-centered Digital Clinic for back & joint pain. Hinge Health’s Digital Clinic is the #1 musculoskeletal (MSK) solution for employers and health plans. MSK conditions are the #1 medical spend for US employers. Hinge Health is finally making it easier to bring expert-recommended care to millions of patients by being the first company to combine wearable-sensor guided exercise therapy with 1-on-1 health coaching and patient education. Only Hinge Health has clinically validated outcomes across 4 peer-reviewed studies showing reductions in: chronic pain, opioid use, anxiety, depression, absenteeism, and costly surgeries.
4 in 5 employers with a digital MSK solution partner with Hinge Health and we are poised to triple our customer base again in 2020. Hinge Health has raised $126M to date and has 300+ employees across our San Francisco, Portland, Minneapolis, Chicago, and remote offices.
The mission for this role is to lead the design and creation of our hardware product offerings, to bolster this key point of differentiation and further improve our user outcomes. We are passionate about helping people improve their lives and we’re looking for an individual to join us in creating behavioral health change. We have ambitious goals to launch new products and improve our current offerings and excited to work with someone eager to work collaboratively to successfully build and lead ID projects.
The ideal candidate will have experience and expertise in designing and implementing scalable hardware solutions from concept to production. Startup, healthcare and wearables experience is a plus.
WHAT YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH
- Develop a compelling next-generation of our hardware products that pushes our business, user metrics, and brand forward
- Collaborate cross-functionally with PM, engineering, supply chain, and other teams and stakeholders to create high-quality hardware products, on-time
- Create a longer-term roadmap for future generations of our hardware, and align stakeholders around this vision
- Successfully integrate our hardware products into the overall HH product experience
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Must provide a portfolio featuring industrial design work (sketches & models)
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Product Design or equivalent
- 6+ years of Industrial Design design experience
- Advanced understanding of hardware design process and experience with 2D and 3D computer modeling software; well-versed with prototyping and manufacturing processes
- Self-directed and able to manage multiple complex projects in a timely manner
- Experience in healthcare, education, fitness, wellness, or other program delivery design
WHAT SHAPES OUR COMPANY
- Trust: We trust our teammates to always act in the team and company’s best interest.
- Hustle: We’re creative, we’re unrelenting, we find a way.
- Effective communication: We’re prompt and concise.
- Learn-it-all (vs know-it-all): We’re always willing to learn.
- Frugal: We don’t waste money and especially not time.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 75% for your dependents)
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Daily lunch
- Professional development budget
- Monthly fitness/gym reimbursement
- Annual mental wellness benefit
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Back to top