Hinge Health is pioneering the world's most patient-centered Digital Musculoskeletal (MSK) Clinic™. Four in five employers and 90% of health plans with a digital MSK solution have chosen Hinge Health. Hinge Health reduces MSK pain, surgeries and opiate use by pairing advanced wearable sensors and computer vision technology with a comprehensive Clinical Care Team of physical therapists, physicians, board-certified health coaches, and more. Hinge Health's HingeConnect integrates with 750,000+ in-person providers and enables real-time interventions for elective MSK surgeries, driving proven medical claims reduction.
Available to over 12 million members, Hinge Health is the #1 Digital MSK Clinic with 500+ employer and health plan customers, including Boeing, Salesforce, and US Foods. Hinge Health has raised $426M to date with offices across San Francisco, Austin, Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle and more.
We're hiring! Join us at hingehealth.com/careers
The Principal Engineer - Platform will guide and accelerate the evolution of Hinge Health's service-oriented backend architecture. The evolutionary pressures are both operational and strategic. Operationally, Hinge Health's backend systems must continue to deliver world-class availability through hypergrowth scaling in a high-compliance medical business. Strategically, a rapidly-increasing number of loosely-coupled product teams must remain empowered to use and extend the platform everyday.
In this role, you will glide between levels of abstraction to foster strong technical alignment, facilitate great technical decision making, and implement elegant solutions to the most complex and high-leverage technical problems. Your pragmatism, collaboration, thoughtfulness, and creative joy will shine through in every gesture, and disproportionately influence the technical culture of an engineering team that's still doubling every year.
We want to make you aware that there continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real HR employees and sending fictitious job offers to applications in a scheme to obtain sensitive information.
Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center.
If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH
- Smooth migration of Hinge Health's backend to a thoroughly service-oriented architecture.
- Scope and schedule of platform projects are consistently accurate, due to rigorous de-risking and thoughtful planning.
- High and widespread confidence to make changes, based on alignment around well-defined principles (cf 12 factor) and clear visualizations (of both present and future states).
- Achieve 99.99% uptime across several doublings of scale and tens of thousands of daily changes.
- Deliver a substantial number of technical articles and speaking engagements that share Hinge Health's technical learnings and explorations with industry.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Distributed Architecture, with deep exposure to API design & versioning, domain-driven design, event-driven systems, and microservices
- High Performance Computation, with an emphasis on profiling and bottleneck discovery, O(n)-driven intuitions, benchmarking, concurrency
- High Availability Systems, with strong point of view about telemetry, self-healing systems, buffers and queues, idempotency, disposability, and multi-tenancy.
- Deep familiarity with AWS ecosystem, and ideally experience building for multi-cloud hosting
- Data integrity and lifecycle management (traceability, ACIDity, etc)
WHAT SHAPES OUR COMPANY
- Trust: We trust our teammates to always act in the team and company's best interest.
- Hustle: We're creative, we're unrelenting, we find a way.
- Effective communication: We're prompt and concise.
- Learn-it-all (vs know-it-all): We're always willing to learn.
- Frugal: We don't waste money and especially not time.
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Hinge Health is an E-verify employer