Engineering Manager (Platform)
- San Francisco, CA
Hinge Health is pioneering the world's most patient-centered Digital Clinic for back & joint pain. Hinge Health’s Digital Clinic is the #1 musculoskeletal (MSK) solution for employers and health plans. MSK conditions are the #1 medical spend for US employers. Hinge Health is finally making it easier to bring expert-recommended care to millions of patients by being the first company to combine wearable-sensor guided exercise therapy with 1-on-1 health coaching, physical therapy, and patient education. Only Hinge Health has clinically validated outcomes across 4 peer-reviewed studies showing reductions in: chronic pain, opioid use, anxiety, depression, absenteeism, and costly surgeries.
4 in 5 employers with a digital MSK solution partner with Hinge Health and we are poised to triple our customer base again in 2020. Hinge Health has raised $126M to date and has 300+ employees across our San Francisco, Portland, Minneapolis, Chicago, and remote offices.
We're growing fast and looking for an experienced, mission-driven engineering manager to help us scale with ferocious grace.
As an Engineering Manager focused on Platform, you will support a team of engineers building the world's most effective treatment for chronic pain.
Your team members will be primarily writing services in Rails and NodeJS, exposing both RESTful and GraphQL APIs. Platform Engineering at Hinge Health is about high-performance, high-availability, horizontally-scaling systems that meet the highest standards of healthcare security and compliance. You will have the opportunity to delve into the code, but your priorities will be supporting your reports and optimizing the engineering organization.
WHAT YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH
- Coach and mentor engineers through day-to-day challenges and guide them towards long term professional and technical growth
- Motivate engineers and ensure high performance through constant feedback and identifying areas of improvement
- Develop robust, effective plans addressing various technical and resource challenges within the organization
- Lead organizational initiatives on improving workflow processes and resolving them with practical, lightweight, measurable process
- Scale the team with a strong focus on experience, technical proficiency, and diversity
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience leading and managing a team of software developers
- 5+ years experience building software applications, with an emphasis on high availability services and incremental system migration
- Desire to learn, grow and develop as the company grows
WHAT SHAPES OUR COMPANY
- Trust: We trust our teammates to always act in the team and company’s best interest.
- Hustle: We’re creative, we’re unrelenting, we find a way.
- Effective communication: We’re prompt and concise.
- Learn-it-all (vs know-it-all): We’re always willing to learn.
- Frugal: We don’t waste money and especially not time.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 75% for your dependents)
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Professional development budget
- Monthly fitness/gym reimbursement
- Annual mental wellness benefit
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Back to top