Director, Data Analytics
- San Francisco, CA
Hinge Health is pioneering the world's most patient-centered digital hospital, starting with musculoskeletal health. MSK conditions are the #1 medical spend for US employers. Hinge Health is finally making it easier to bring expert-recommended care to millions of patients by being the first company to combine wearable-sensor guided exercise therapy with 1-on-1 health coaching and patient education. Only Hinge Health has clinically validated outcomes across 4 peer-reviewed studies showing reductions in: chronic pain, opioid use, anxiety, depression, absenteeism, and costly surgeries.
4 in 5 employers with a digital MSK solution partner with Hinge Health and we are poised to triple our customer base again in 2020. Hinge Health has raised $126M to date and has 200+ employees across our San Francisco, Portland, Minneapolis, Chicago, and remote offices.
We are looking for a data analytics leader to head up our analytics team, leading the function into an exciting new chapter of company growth. This person will manage a team of analysts, mature how we perform analyses, and overall help spread data literacy at Hinge Health. We are looking for a “player-coach” who both gets their hands dirty and has a track record of being a trusted analytics leader. In addition, you’ll be collaborating closely with our engineering team to help guide our data infrastructure strategy, as well as with our data science team to collaborate on cross-functional initiatives.
WHAT YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH
- Oversee day-to-day operations of our analytics team, with a focus on business/product
- Lead hiring, alongside recruiting, to help us meet our analyst hiring goals
- Collaborate with company stakeholders to understand their data wants and needs
- Flesh out our data infrastructure needs, especially around warehousing and tooling
- Collaborate with our growing data science team to ensure alignment where necessary
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years experience in a data-focused leadership position
- People-management experience, preferably in the analytics space
- Strong vision for the role data plays across business units
- Can juggle a diverse set of projects and needs and comfortable with a fast pace
- SQL, Python mastery; comfortable with R or other statistical analysis packages
- Experience with applied statistics, hypothesis-driven experimentation (A/B, multivariate)
- High attention to detail and a high bar for quality
- Has an eye for effective visualization of data / charting
- A learn-it-all, especially when it comes to different types of data (clinical, financial, etc.)
- Problem-focused and able to understand the big picture before solutioning
- Highly cross-functional: can partner with anyone in the company to problem-solve
- BA/BS or higher in applied statistics, mathematics, or CS, or equivalent hands-on experience
- Experience in digital product development in the healthcare space
- Healthcare data experience (eligibility/claims, HL7, CCDA, and HIPAA guidelines)
WHAT SHAPES OUR COMPANY
- Trust: We trust our teammates to always act in the team and company’s best interest.
- Hustle: We’re creative, we’re unrelenting, we find a way.
- Effective communication: We’re prompt and concise.
- Learn-it-all (vs know-it-all): We’re always willing to learn.
- Frugal: We don’t waste money and especially not time.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 75% for your dependents)
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Daily lunch
- Professional development budget
- Monthly fitness/gym reimbursement
- Annual mental wellness benefit
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Back to top