Hinge Health is pioneering the world's most patient-centered Digital Musculoskeletal (MSK) Clinic. We reduce MSK pain, opioid use, and surgeries by pairing advanced wearable technology with a comprehensive clinical care team including doctors of physical therapy, physicians, and board-certified health coaches. Available to millions of members, Hinge Health is the #1 Digital MSK Clinic for health plans and employers, including Boeing, Salesforce, and US Foods.
Hinge Health has raised $436M to date with offices across San Francisco, Austin, Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle and more.
Data Engineers at Hinge Health are software engineers with expertise in data pipelines, OLTP & data warehouse schema design, data governance, ETL, and RDBMS and NoSQL systems. Data Engineers are hands-on, building self-service tools and automation that enable application engineers to manage, maintain, and secure their data systems with autonomy while adhering to best practices in a HIPAA environment. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly collaborative, cross functional environment.
Our tech stack: AWS, Aptible, Postgres, Redis, Rails, Python, Airflow, Mode Analytics, Android, React, and React Native.
WHAT YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH
- Create the strategy, tooling, processes, and coaching that enables service and application teams to take full ownership of their data in a growing organization
- Lead migration of the legacy data environment to cloud data services
- Create scalable tools and processes to propagate OLTP data to the data warehouse
- Participate in hiring and mentoring of team members
- Establish data governance tools and practices in a HIPAA environment
- Create tooling to automate data compliance
- Design and build the structures necessary for the Business Intelligence team to work autonomously
- Assist and coach teams to optimize poorly performing queries or overly-complicated models
- Work with SRE team establish best practices around database monitoring, alerting and availability
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Mastery of SQL
- OLTP and data warehouse modeling best practices
- Programming expertise with Python, with demonstrated knowledge of software engineering best-practice development (e.g. linting, testing)
- Creation of ETL and data pipelines using code
- Familiarity with the command line and Docker containers
- Ability to gather and correlate data across disparate sources and file formats
- Ability to collaborate and problem solve across teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- 6 years of software engineering experience, 4+ in data engineering
- Bachelor's degree in C.S. or equivalent experience
- Expertise in Go, Java, or Ruby
- Prior DBA experience
- Prior experience with healthcare data (PHI/PII/HIPAA requirements)
- Prior experience working with Kubernetes
- Extensive NoSQL knowledge
- Big Data technologies
WHAT SHAPES OUR COMPANY
- Trust: We trust our teammates to always act in the team and company's best interest.
- Hustle: We're creative, we're unrelenting, we find a way.
- Effective communication: We're prompt and concise.
- Learn-it-all (vs know-it-all): We're always willing to learn.
- Frugal: We don't waste money and especially not time.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 75% for your dependents)
- FSA/HSA accounts
- Family & fertility benefit through Maven Clinic
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Professional Development budget
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Generous mental health stipend
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company's lifecycle
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We want to make you aware that there continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real HR employees and sending fictitious job offers to applications in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please be diligent and if you encounter any suspicious activity, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top