SREs at Match Group are part Infrastructure Engineer, part Security Analyst, and part Software Engineer. But we are all heart when it comes to helping our users find love in a safe, reliable, and private space on the internet.
We are the owners of the infrastructure, security posture, and of course: production uptime.
You will be instrumental in helping Match Group stabilize communications across all brands, as well as expanding the security operations of the company.
Hope is not a strategy. SREs work with the rest of the company to ensure their projects are delivered in a secure, performant, and repeatable manner.
This comes from our passion to automate the boring stuff so we can concentrate on the interesting work that comes with maintaining and growing a world class infrastructure at a global scale.
View our dating brands: https://mtch.com/ourcompany
We are based in Dallas, TX. However, we are open to considering a remote office for a qualified candidate who can travel periodically to Dallas (when safe to do so).
From the hiring manager:
- We're looking for a self-described geek who loves working with new technologies. When you hear about some new piece of tech, what do you do?
- If the answer is immediately install it and start playing with it, then this role might be for you.
- We can make sure you have the tools you need to outgrow this role and progress to the next stages in your career.
What You'll Do:
- You will be sharing ownership of the infrastructure with the rest of the Match Group Engineering team.
- You will work closely with the Architects and other engineering departments to help deploy their work in a safe and reliable manner.
- Work with our AWS stack
- Build tools to make our infrastructure more consistent, more reliable, more observable, and require less manual intervention. We are close to 100% infrastrucutre-as-code (Terraform), but can always do more. This work will continue in 2021 to include global expansion.
- We are responsible for all stages of the CI/CD pipeline. This includes container security scanning and deployment orchestration.
What You'll Be Working With:
- ELK (as Elasticsearhc in AWS)
- Vulnerability Scanning tools as coordinated via Match Group Security
- AWS: Our entire infrastructure is built in AWS. We use many different services, including Lambda, RDS, ECS, ECR, SES, SQS, S3, and DynamoDB
- Hashicorp Vault
- C#: All web/api/backend code is written in C#
Skills You Should Have:
- 2+ years of experience with Linux systems administration
- Understanding of SRE processes, SLI vs SLO vs SLA, how to define and live by an error budget, etc.
- Coding experience in C#, Bash/zsh
- Experience as a member of 24/7 on-call rotation
- The ability to automate your tasks in Bash or Go
- Configuration Management experience in Terraform
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness!
We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave
Happy Hours and Company events (they are all virtual now, but still a ton of fun!)
We value diversity at our company and will never discriminate based on someone’s race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.