Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a senior backend engineer who is excited to share their experience building products and scaling systems. We want you to help us design and build the next generation of high performance APIs and backend services in Go, the fastest growing language on Github. As a Senior Backend Engineer you’ll be an integral member of our engineering team and will serve as backend lead on most of your work.
What you'll do
- Build new features in collaboration with peers from across the company: product and design, mobile engineers, data engineers, and data scientists.
- Improve the scalability, reliability, and maintainability of backend services
- Work in a modern tech stack: Go, Kafka, Postgres, Redis, Kubernetes, AWS
- Be a thought partner for backend team strategy and implement improvements to our systems
- You have 4+ years of experience in software development building APIs at scale
- You have experience working in distributed production systems
- You have worked with at least one message or event based technology (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, SQS, etc.) and you can talk in-depth about how to use it
- You can own complex projects end-to-end, coordinate with other teams, and communicate broadly to internal stakeholders
- You are excited to share opinions on best practices
- Prior knowledge of Go preferred but not required
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top