Tinder started on a college campus in 2012 and broke down the barriers - geographic, historic, cultural - that limit who we meet. We went from 1 swipe to 1 billion swipes a day, in 2 years. No technology grows that fast unless it fills a powerful, unmet human need. Today, Tinder is the world’s most popular app for meeting new people. The app is available in 190 countries, and 40+ languages, it’s been downloaded more than 450 million times and led to 60 billion matches, and is the highest-grossing non-gaming app globally. There’s never been a more exciting time to be at Tinder. We are on a course to revolutionize the way young people meet and connect today, if you want to be a part of that… keep reading.
We are looking for a talented communications executive with a strong understanding of the media ecosystem in the US and is adept at managing comprehensive communications strategies and tactics in the market. In addition, a deep understanding of what it means to be in youth culture is important. The candidate will be a member of a seasoned group of professionals helping to shape and tell the story of Tinder as a company, product, and brand. This leadership role will be responsible for all strategic communications oversight in the US and will report to the Chief Communications Officer. You must be an independent thinker and a self-starter with the ability for innovation and new ideas, making the leap from information to insight to strategy. Of particular interest are candidates with backgrounds in the technology, entertainment, or lifestyle sector and those who are used to working in a fast-paced environment that requires agility, selflessness, and the ability to manage multiple things at once.
This role might be right if these are true of you:
- Excellent news judgement, adept at corporate reputation and issues management.
- A strong network of relationships with journalists across many verticals
- Long track record of successful agency and budget management
- Substantial experience dealing with senior executives and ability to make strategic and succinct presentations to leadership
- Track record as a company spokesperson
- Extensive experience running 360 campaigns in partnership with marketing teams and a strong understanding of the go-to-market process
- Deep understanding of product communications, having launched or led many tech products throughout their career
- Experience with Trust & Safety topics or teams ideally having worked on these technology platform issues - data privacy, personal security, free speech, etc.
- Exposure to or experience managing projects in conjunction with Government Relations teams
- Successful track record leading a complex list of stakeholders across an individual brand and a parent company.
- 12+ years proven experience in media, corporate, or agency settings.
If these qualities and qualifications sound like you, we might be a match:
- A high degree of executive credibility, preferable within the technology, e-commerce, entertainment, and media industries
- A successful record of leadership experience managing, developing, and encouraging a team of hardworking professionals
- A quick learner with an analytical mind, able to exert strategic vision while building consensus through a consultative working style
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, with a track record of leading change and (virtual) team-building experiences
- A strong bias-to-action, adept and agile on changing course and getting things done on short timeframes.
- A succinct communicator in a hands-on role, detailed and highly organized.
- A record of working on complex, global, and time-critical projects
- Loves youth culture, spends a lot of time on TikTok or Snapchat, knows what the latest trends are before Taylor Lorenz
- A positive can-do attitude
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays, an annual Learning + Development stipend, and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.