Match Group is a leading provider of dating products available globally. Our portfolio includes Tinder, Match, OkCupid, Hinge, PlentyOfFish, and others, each designed to help singles find a meaningful connection.
As the Manager - Facilities & Engineering, you will provide management, leadership, and “hands-on” operational support for our two owned properties in West Hollywood, California. Your management will support the 24/7 day-to-day operations of utility functions and building infrastructure systems including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, janitorial services, security, carpentry, painting, landscaping, elevators, life safety, roofing, and other structural components. Additionally, you will recruit, hire, evaluate, and manage facility employees and manage all contracts for temporary and contracted service employees/contractors.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You'll make an impact in both Facilities Management and Engineering Management:
- You will manage a team and create a culture which understands the value of determining the root cause of inefficiencies and has a relentless determination for process improvement.
- You will manage the annual departmental operating budget; you will be responsible for the reconciliation of invoices and the monitoring and controlling of expenses to ensure favorable budget variances.
- You will develop capital improvement programs for short-and long-term facility needs and prepare capital appropriation requests as required.
- You will prepare technical specifications, negotiate and manage third-party maintenance/service agreements; you will ensure all agreements adhere to established contractual terms and comply with all company insurance requirements.
- You will complete daily building inspections and perform related maintenance tasks including, but not limited to, facilitating work order requests; identifying and reporting maintenance problems or physical hazards; monitoring building mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems to ensure safe and efficient building operations.
- You will manage and maintain the building’s mechanical system operations including, but not limited to, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, air-handler units and ancillary building infrastructure systems.
We could be a match if:
- You have completed an undergraduate degree and have 5 years of experience in commercial high-rise, manufacturing facility, campus environment, and/or property portfolio management (or 8 years of experience if you have not completed a degree)
- You have excellent “hands on” technical, interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills as well as strong project management capabilities
- You have extensive knowledge and expertise managing third-party service contracts pertaining to building engineering, office janitorial, construction-related services, and other related janitorial and maintenance
- You have a comprehensive understanding of building codes, regulatory issues at all governing levels, compliance codes relative to EPA, OSHA, ADA, and NFPA
What’s the Team like:
- You will be part of a new global facilities organization spurred by our growth and focus on creating and maintaining great work environments
- You will be based in Los Angeles and report to our Director - Facilities, Maintenance and Engineering
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness!
We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave
Happy Hours and Company events (they are all virtual now, but still a ton of fun!)
We value diversity at our company and will never discriminate based on someone’s race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.